PDA

View Full Version : Drivers

weirskynet
07-02-14, 11:42
Hey folks can anyone confirm if and when the new vix image for the solo2 is out will it have the latest drivers installed from vu as no sure if other images are using newer ones !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty
07-02-14, 11:50
VIX will always use the latest drivers ;)

Tkr001
11-02-14, 21:57
VIX will always use the latest drivers ;)

That is not quite true. It will use the latest drivers available at the time the image is built but sometimes drivers are released in between builds.

weirskynet
12-02-14, 09:07
How do we go about getting newer drivers if released in between builds ?

And how would they be installed

marty
12-02-14, 09:12
That is not quite true. It will use the latest drivers available at the time the image is built but sometimes drivers are released in between builds.

Sorry it is true :p as soon as a new driver is available it is added to our beta builds before public release :D
Maybe other teams release untested drivers into their public builds but not us ;)

pooface
12-02-14, 13:40
How do we go about getting newer drivers if released in between builds ?

And how would they be installed

Just download them from the VU site, and upload them to the correct directory (sorry, can't remember that off top of head at the mo, and not in front of a box to check). Then, reboot the box. The about information screen won't show it's the new drivers, but as long as you updated them, and rebooted, then the box will be using them...

weirskynet
12-02-14, 14:54
Ah cool thanks