PDA

View Full Version : Dead SSD

bassethound
05-11-10, 16:27
My 2 month old 60GB Corsair Force F60 died last week took me a hole week to get a RMA number came to day and i have to pay return cost to Corsair nearly £10 to Holland.

So much for costumer care!

Carefully read and follow the Corsair Product Return Instructions below to ensure the returned package is accepted by Corsair. Poorly packaged, damaged packaging or insufficient package labeling may result in the returned package being refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.

Package Labeling:

* Your RMA# & Return address must be clearly marked on the outside of the returning package.
* Print this page and use the top half (fold or cut at the bold black line) as the return address label by securely taping to the outside of the returning package.

Packaging Instructions:

* DO NOT return any Corsair product in a standard mailing envelope.
* Proper return packaging includes either a padded envelope sufficient to support the product size and weight or a standard shipping box with stuffing to minimize movement during transit.

Shipping Carrier:

* The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages.

Corsair Replacement Comment:

* Upon receipt, Corsair will verify that the contents of the package match with your original RMA Request and either process your replacement order or notify you of any receipt discrepancy which will affect your replacement order. Allow up to 48 hrs for this process.
* Your replacement order will be shipped via UPS services.

Thank-you for choosing Corsair!

pooface
05-11-10, 16:31
wtf...

Well, that's a brand I won't choose if I want to buy an SSD...

TO be honest though, I've heard good things about Intel's SSD drives... Would say they'd have been better choice in hindsight :p

Don't forget to include in the package an invoice for time lost and productivity problems etc :p hehe

Sicilian
05-11-10, 16:31
I thought SSD drivers wheres supposed to be more reliable :confused:

pooface
05-11-10, 16:32

hit the nail on the head there :p

Sicilian
05-11-10, 16:33
hit the nail on the head there :p

Yea we know ;)

bassethound
05-11-10, 17:21
wtf...

Well, that's a brand I won't choose if I want to buy an SSD...

TO be honest though, I've heard good things about Intel's SSD drives... Would say they'd have been better choice in hindsight :p

Don't forget to include in the package an invoice for time lost and productivity problems etc :p hehe

Got it at a real good price from SCAN on a daily special when i get a new one its going in my netbook

Going to get a OCZ Vertex 2E for my main computer instead

I was glad that i do daily back-ups

Maxwell
06-11-10, 11:22
Why do you have to send it back to Corsair in Holland, as according to the sale of goods act your contract is with the retailer SCAN, they are liable for issuing a repair or replacement even if the warranty has expired, lots of info on this on that other forum we use

Ojustaboo
06-11-10, 11:30
Cant you return it to SCAN then?

to quote Consumer Direct (presuming you are buying from a UK based company which I believe Scan is?)

If you buy goods on the Internet, you still have the same rights as if you were shopping on the high street, in relation to faulty or poorly described goods.To quote sale of goods act

In the case of faulty goods being returned because they are not fit for purpose do not match their description or are not of a satisfactory quality, the customer is entitled to claim the cost of postage from you or to request that you arrange collection of the item.

Too many companies try to fob people off with going directly to the manufacturer.

EDIT: Maxwell beat me to it lol

Likvid
09-12-10, 11:36

and i thought SSD drives had infinite lifetime....

bassethound
09-12-10, 11:42
Me to i have only just got all the items returned i wont be buying from Corsair again