PDA

View Full Version : Tuner A not pickup up channels (OpenMips)

Blade0rz
07-02-14, 08:16
I just received this box (OpenMips) and set it up with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. The only problem I'm having is that I can't get Tuner A (the internal tuner) to work properly. It only picks up 300 channels out of >900 on a full channel scan. Tuner B works great. I even tried swapping the cable out of Tuner B and into Tuner A and the same issue occurs, so it's definitely not the feed.

On the other 600 channels I just receive a "Tune Failed" message.

When opening Satfinder, Tuner B locks and receives channels but Tuner A doesn't and doesn't locate any channels at all.

Anybody else experiencing the same issue? Could this be a software rather than a hardware fault?

Blade0rz
08-02-14, 22:43
OK, so I flashed another nightly Openmips build and had the same issue. I also tried an OpenRSI build that had the same thing.

Finally I tried an early Feb build of OpenATV and it is working as expected. Just a heads up as it looks like a driver issue rather than a hardware fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Blade0rz
09-02-14, 11:07
Since I can't edit my posts, and this information might help other users in the same situation, these are the images in question:

openmips-2.1-gb800seplus-20140207_usb - Internal Tuner not working
OpenRSI-4.0-gb800seplus-20140208 - Internal Tuner not working

openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb - Working, but no in-built softcam support. I just picked a random nightly build, but the latest one works too.

In lieu of softcam support for OpenATV I just installed TSPanel and all is working perfectly. I wonder will the build of OpenVIX have the same issues??

Sicilian
09-02-14, 12:49
In tuner settings set 'Send Diseqc' to 'Yes' even if you do not use diseqc.

Blade0rz
09-02-14, 19:46
In tuner settings set 'Send Diseqc' to 'Yes' even if you do not use diseqc.

Oh man. I tried literally everything, but that never crossed my mind. I read that over on the OpenVIX thread too :-(

Quite settled on the OpenATV image now though, maybe just wait for the vix release. Thanks for the help!

sasho
17-02-14, 14:26
are you happy with se plus
how Is sensitivity of build tuner A
Is It BCM7356

Blade0rz
18-02-14, 20:39
It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

martin20009
19-02-14, 07:42
Since I can't edit my posts, and this information might help other users in the same situation, these are the images in question:

openmips-2.1-gb800seplus-20140207_usb - Internal Tuner not working
OpenRSI-4.0-gb800seplus-20140208 - Internal Tuner not working

openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb - Working, but no in-built softcam support. I just picked a random nightly build, but the latest one works too.

In lieu of softcam support for OpenATV I just installed TSPanel and all is working perfectly. I wonder will the build of OpenVIX have the same issues??

Hi Blade0rz,

I'm havering the same issue with the in law's box. Like yourself I have tried everything and got 176 channels. Could you point me in the direction of where to download openatv-3.0-gb800seplus-20140202_usb image. I've googled but the oldest is 10th feb which does not work.

Thanks martin

Blade0rz
19-02-14, 08:09
Have you tried the workaround Sicilian posted above? That should be the easiest fix. Should work on any image. If that doesn't work, I can upload the OpenATV nightly tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sasho
19-02-14, 11:24
It's actually a BCM7346 tuner. The box is superb. Couldn't be happier with the box, it's whisper quiet, runs cool, looks the part and I have to say the remote control is comes with is really nice although I use my harmony one with it.

Had a few doubts about purchasing due to the limited activity in the forums here, but tbh apart from the issue above which is very easily resolved, I've had no complaints about it at all. Worth every penny in my opinion.

As for the tuners themselves, I've yet to have any issues or glitching. Even when watching TV and streaming to my XBMC box over the network. Zapping is pretty fast, but not lightning quick. The interface itself is pretty snappy though as long as using the original remote.

thank you for reply
so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
- BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
which type Is tuner B
can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info

Blade0rz
19-02-14, 11:35
thank you for reply
so you confirm that Issue with tuner A which Is build In Is fixed either with diseqc setting or latest OpenAtv Image ?
also tuner A Is high sensitiv ?
- BCM7346 tuner Is used also In solo2 which Is reported to have top notch sensitivity
which type Is tuner B
can you post a shot from Image system Information - cpu, and tuners Info

That's correct, the issue with the tuner is fixed in the OpenATV build I mentioned in my post although I haven't attempted the workaround Sicilian provided it certainly sounds as if it is the same issue.

I'm not sure if your statement around the Solo2 is correct, according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vu%2B) the Solo2 uses the BCM7356 chip whereas the Gigablue uses BCM7346. However, I can vouch for the tuner quality as it really is superb. Extremely high signal and quick to lock. Coming from a DM800HD which was fairly poor, this is an amazing tuner. Tuner B is a plug-and-play tuner, I will post a screenshot later this evening.

Rob van der Does
19-02-14, 12:01
Solo2 & Quad have the same CPU.

martin20009
19-02-14, 13:15
I have tried setting diseqc to yes and it only finds 174 channels. He is only using the fixed tuner so i cant compare them.

If its not too much trouble i would be grateful if you uploaded your image so i can check all angles. I will get him to take a photo of the info screens and I will post later.

Thanks again

Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk

sasho
19-02-14, 15:19
Solo2 & Quad have the same CPU.

cpu yes but solo2 has BCM7346 tuner If you go to system Info

Rob van der Does
19-02-14, 15:53
Not sure what you mean: both the Quad & Solo2 have the BCM7356 @1300MHz as chipset.
Not sure about the Quad, but the Solo2 has two BCM7356 tuners.

sasho
19-02-14, 18:02
Not sure what you mean: both the Quad & Solo2 have the BCM7356 @1300MHz as chipset.
Not sure about the Quad, but the Solo2 has two BCM7356 tuners.

I see that you got solo 2
would you please post a shot from system Info where are displayed detected tuners

Rob van der Does
19-02-14, 18:31
Here you go:

Blade0rz
19-02-14, 21:07
Here is a screenshot of my system info:

I've attached the version of OpenATV that I used to fix my issue. If that doesn't work and the Diseqc fix also doesn't fix anything, you can always disable Tuner A and fallback to Tuner B - worked fine for me, although obviously that only leaves you with a single tuner.

sasho
20-02-14, 08:31
Here you go:

Interesting shot

I got Info that tuner Is BCM7346

If you look at board pcb It Is likely that cpu Is BCM7356 - but there Is a heatsink
but chipset which Is closer to tuners In to be BCM7346

sasho
20-02-14, 08:36
Here is a screenshot of my system info:

I've attached the version of OpenATV that I used to fix my issue. If that doesn't work and the Diseqc fix also doesn't fix anything, you can always disable Tuner A and fallback to Tuner B - worked fine for me, although obviously that only leaves you with a single tuner.

thank you
Is that OpenVix Image - are they already out
would you please post a shot from tuner device panel

Rob van der Does
20-02-14, 08:37
What your screenie shows is CPU & chipset, not tuners.

Blade0rz
20-02-14, 08:39
thank you
Is that OpenVix Image - are they already out
would you please post a shot from tuner device panel

That is just a screenshot from my OpenATV image which is using the MetrixHD skin. Just says OpenVIX its not actually the image. Will post a tuner info screenshot this evening

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sasho
20-02-14, 10:55
What your screenie shows is CPU & chipset, not tuners.

that Is a shot from web I don't have that box
I think that chip that Is positioned close to tuner Inputs at board pcb Is the one responsible for tuner operation and that Is likely to be BCM7346
I don't have solo2 to see that
guys with solo2 and hdd can tell

Blade0rz
20-02-14, 18:15
Here's a screenshot of my tuner info screen...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/21/zyve3uqa.jpg

sasho
21-02-14, 09:54
thank you for both shots

did you tried which one of both tuners Is more sensitive - build In or plug In

martin20009
22-02-14, 18:10
Hi thanks guys, with your help, i have git him to flash his box with early image and its working perfectly now, all channels found and signal strength around 65, due to 12 year old dish. Thanks again
Martin

Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

mike1961
07-03-14, 23:26
Just adding my bit to this. ?. My brand new Gigablue 800 seplus with twin tuners just would NOT work. I constantly got tuner problems - tuned in 350 channels on tuner a and 900 channels on tuner b!!! And got tune failed msgs on most channels. I changed setting to 'Diseq = yes' and hey presto got all my channels back. I just hope it lasts