PDA

View Full Version : cable tuner

richyx
06-02-14, 21:04
Just purchased this box and previously had a duo, so i thought due to the fact that i use virmin broadband i would try a dvb-c/t tuner but i could do with a hand with setting it up, tried scanning and nothing i presume i need to change my settings, hopefully my question is ok and any help would be appreciated

pac2000
06-02-14, 21:24
Are You Trying To Scan DVB-C Or DVB-T??? Because I Don't Think You'll Get Anything On DVB-C...

richyx
06-02-14, 21:35
could you explain the differance the tuner should pick up c or t i was presuming you could pick up freeview

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 02:24
C is cable, is such as Vermin.

T is Terrestrial (through aerial/Freeview)

mmcmedia
07-02-14, 08:44
I should imagine you will need a cable image to scan for cable channels this could be why it wont even pick freeview up

grahammcm1888
07-02-14, 09:15
Bear in mind you wont get freeview HD on your dvb-t tuner. You will only get freeview SD. Hopefully a DVB-t2 tuner will come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richyx
07-02-14, 10:37
Thanks for the reply i wouldnt know where to get a cable image - thought it would be just a case of plug and play so i will loop my tv cable through to get freeview and wait for the new tuner to come out :)
must admit i am not overly impressed with my upgrade to the duo2 all it seems to offer is a slightly better picture (1080p (duo=720p)) and a picture at the front that tends to distract from the tv, but its early days and i am sure the more i learn the better it will get:confused:

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 10:45
I should imagine you will need a cable image to scan for cable channels this could be why it wont even pick freeview up
This is not correct. You do not need a cable image. Depending on tuner config, he should be able to scan S/C/T (Satellite/Cable/Terrestrial). OP has not mentioned which cables he has connected. Aerial or Cable.

If using cable, the only issue he may have is that the NIM Manager GUI only allows for 4 digits to be used for network ID. UK network IDs have 5 digits. This can be easily overcome by editing the settings file in /etc/enigma2/ The following line will need to be edited. XXX will be populated automatically, 12345 needs to match the user's value
config.Nims.XXX.cable.scan_networkid=12345

Cablescanner plugin will accept 5 digits though.