PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Recording bug crashing the box

Martincape
06-02-14, 20:38
Hi guys,

Found a problem with the box, dunno if there is a solution.

If we are watching say Sly 1, with BBC recording for example, then ITV starts to record while BBC is still recording (using up both tuners), the box crashes. All we get is the spinning VIX logo in the top left. The box needs to be switched off at the back and restarted. This has happened twice now. Is there a solution or is it a major bug?

Surely it should just switch to one of the channels that's recording or blank out the channel we are watching.

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 10:34
Spinners showing is not a crash: it means that E2 is busy (while a crash leads to an E2-restart & a crashlog).

Best way is to enable debuglogs (don't forget to reboot the box when activated) and post the log as soon as this happens again.

In the meantime: where do you get your EPG-data from?

Anyway: it's not a major bug. If it was, the forum would be flooded with reports.

Martincape
07-02-14, 16:20
Spinners showing is not a crash: it means that E2 is busy (while a crash leads to an E2-restart & a crashlog).

Best way is to enable debuglogs (don't forget to reboot the box when activated) and post the log as soon as this happens again.

In the meantime: where do you get your EPG-data from?

Anyway: it's not a major bug. If it was, the forum would be flooded with reports.

Well it's a major bug if it affects the functionality, which this does.

Thing is the spinners continue, endlessly. Cannot do anything other than restart using the rocket switch.

I'll enable that debug log thing.

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 16:26
OK, let me rephrase: there no such bug in VIX. So it is something in your setup and/or plugins.

Martincape
07-02-14, 16:38
Don't know what could be the issue. They are both auto timers that are set up. I'm some recording settings, the recording takes priority. Don't know what else it could be. It happens quite often with the mrs Eastenders and bloody emmerdale lol

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 16:44
Maybe the debuglogs can tell. And very often flashing the box, and being careful with installing plugins, fixes a lot of issues.

Martincape
07-02-14, 16:45
Hardly got any plugins installed. I'll see what the debug says.

Martincape
07-02-14, 19:18
These are the settings I have. Note the Recording priority. Says it should interrupt Live TV for recordings. This is the problem, it doesn't.

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 19:25
I would try a flash, no restore.

Martincape
07-02-14, 19:34
Do ya mean putting 808 on USB and reflashing from that pal?

Will that reset all settings?

Stanman
07-02-14, 19:38

Yes it will

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 19:39

yes and yes

Martincape
07-02-14, 20:09
Will it do anything to the structure or recordings on the internal HDD?

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 20:28
Yes, that's what I mean.
And yes, you'll have to setup the box from scratch then.

Martincape
07-02-14, 20:29
I THINK I've sorted it. All I done was turn that priority setting off, then saved. Then turned it back on, and saved again.

Girlfriend has just panicked coz the channel just changed itself lol.

Think it's sorted it pal

Rob van der Does
07-02-14, 20:32
Well, report back please in a couple of days if all is still fine.

Martincape
07-02-14, 20:32
Well, report back please in a couple of days if all is still fine.

Will do pal

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 20:37
Just for future ref, flashing an image does not affect contents of HDD.

Martincape
12-02-14, 00:24
Hi mate,

Box is still causing a freeze. Girlfriend was watching earlier and Vix icon started spinning in corner. It froze the box. Nothing was responsive. She left it for 20 mins and still kept doing it. She had to reset using rocker switch.

Larry-G
12-02-14, 00:30
In that case i would try a reflash as suggested and setup from scratch, then see how that goes. I personally use a Solo2 as my own daily use / test receiver and have multiple recordings set at the same time with no issues.

Martincape
12-02-14, 00:31
Cheers pal. I'll try to reflash tomorra. Will that take it back to factory settings? And as you say set up again?

Larry-G
12-02-14, 00:36
re-flashing a image is pretty much the same as re-installing windows on a PC, it wipes every thing from the receiver and you set it up again ( it wont touch any thing on the HDD providing you dont reinitialize it and you have no reason to. ).

cactikid
12-02-14, 01:23
dont forget to save the important info as some dont before you reflash it.

Martincape
12-02-14, 02:09
Bloody reflashed it. But can't get it all going again now. Channels just aren't there and I've ran ABM loads of times. Wish I hadn't bothered :(

Martincape
12-02-14, 02:19
So far I've done this order:

Gone through setup wizard
Installed MGCamd
Ran ABM
Ran CrossEPG

I'm just not getting anything channel wise :(

abu baniaz
12-02-14, 02:26
Can you describe what cabling you have from dish? LNB type, dish type, how many cables, any switches in the middle etc.

Can you post screenshot of each tuner config.

Where are you located?

Martincape
13-02-14, 20:58
It's all ok now lads.

Got it all set up again.

Now the bug seems have been resolved. It worked earlier, just switched us to the channel that was about to record :)