PDA

View Full Version : Which receiver tecnomate nano or octagaon sf8/xp1000?

G2EVIL
06-02-14, 00:08
Hi gettin ready to buy stb from world of satellite but which one should i get as i am a newbie. Is this correct technomate nano is more powerfull than xp1000 but there is more 3rd party stuff for xp1000 as it is older but nano will catch up?. I am getting vix pre flashed no matter which one i buy, will the same plugins work more or less on both stb's? i.e ts media xbmc?. I'm a simple man just wanna watch a bit of telly but being a man would not mind having a few extras to play with. I can't see myself trying different images other than VIX pre flashed as i think it has everything i need mainly autoboquets, EPG, etc

Regarding E2 plugin's can they work on say openpli image but not work on VIX image? If someone could tell me plus and negs of each stb do me a comparison would be really appreciated

ismailbmw
06-02-14, 08:50
Hello G2evil.

I have now personally owned both. I would say the nano. But each its plus and downside. What I like about the octagon is the universal remote included in the box (for TV control). Which you don't get with the nano. But the nano can have HDD fitted internal (if that matters)
I found the nano quicker than the octagon both running vix 808.
End of the day you will not be disappointed with either just make sure its got vix on it.

marty
06-02-14, 09:32
Nano has duelcore CPU, the xp1000 single core.
Nano has more than one USB slot and can take an internal HDD.
Nano really is the better choice :thumbsup: but the XP1000 would be VERY good too ;)

G2EVIL
06-02-14, 23:43
Gonna go for the nano. Thanks for help guys :thumbsup:

sanderson82
28-02-14, 21:22
Nano all day long. To me it's the best single tuner box out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanman
01-03-14, 11:37
+2 nano can take internal HDD