PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with VU+ Duo2

grahammcm1888
05-02-14, 16:27
Just received my new VU+ Duo 2 (from WOS of course) today and really looking forward to playing around with it. Looks as if there is loads of tuts / downloads / info / etc on the website! Its probably going to be a late one tonight when I get finished in the office.

Please expect some questions that have been asked a million times before! I will however explore every avenue before posting stupid questions.:baby:

marty
05-02-14, 16:52
Please expect some questions that have been asked a million times before!

No worrys :D I only got my DUOČ last week so most is fresh in my mind ;)

grahammcm1888
05-02-14, 17:10
Marty

Its good to know there are some good people on this site. Cant wait to get messing around with it. I am particularly interested in the transcoding feature. I have already downloaded the VU+ player so the next step I want to do is to port forward my router to allow remote transcoding. Obviously I will try to get it working on my LAN first!

I have already got the airplay plugin installed and working (at work) and it is working great.:p

bennyxf1
05-02-14, 21:06
Think you'll find that transcoding isn't working on latest build mate. Think it works on earlier build (possibly 760). The problem we've been told, is being addressed and should hopefully be resolved in Vix 4.0 i believe........watch this space. Will work over home network though. Enjoy.

grahammcm1888
05-02-14, 21:09
Yeah i seen that mentioned in a few posts. Just doing my first scan ! 38% complete lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

owlse
06-02-14, 08:50
mine on its way to me today :) , think i may be on this thread quite a bit :D

marty
06-02-14, 09:40
Think you'll find that transcoding isn't working on latest build mate. Think it works on earlier build (possibly 760). The problem we've been told, is being addressed and should hopefully be resolved in Vix 4.0 i believe........watch this space. Will work over home network though. Enjoy.

Should be working OK in new version of VIX which should be released in the not too distant future ;)

marty
06-02-14, 09:41
Yeah i seen that mentioned in a few posts. Just doing my first scan ! 38% complete lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easier to use ABM if only used for UK channels :)