PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] 4.3 wont stretch to 16.9

lee77
05-02-14, 10:40
Hi all
Ive noticed that some channels playing old 4.3 TV material wont stretch to 16.9 no matter what settings I use.
I was even watching Eden HD today (a new 16.9 TV show) and for some reason it was in 4.3 for about 20mins then changed to 16.9 on its own.
Tried every setting i think.
Any ideas anyone
Thanks

weirskynet
05-02-14, 10:57
If you set the settings to pan and scale on the 4:3 and 16:9

Also may be down to the tv setting I noticed movies sometimes show in 16:9 but need to change the mode on tele to fit it without the bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
05-02-14, 11:14
Any HD transmission is always in 16:9, so there's no way you can change anything in the A/V settings. It htere are black bars, they are IN the signal.

Trial
05-02-14, 11:32
Hi,
only possibility is the TV if you have one of the rather rare models which can zoom HD input.

ciao

satmanbasil
05-02-14, 14:21
Hi

Most new tv give options to adjust picture size from pc to wide zoom, recall once in a satellite forum when asking about getting rid of black bar few people moaning why i wanted to do that, i simply explained when paying loads of money for a 16.9 tv I wished the screen to be filled with the picture not just a slit like im looking through a letterbox ....pun not intended lol

Trial
05-02-14, 16:18
Hi,

i simply explained when paying loads of money for a 16.9 tv I wished the screen to be filled with the picture not just a slit like im looking through a letterbox
my question is: You are paying loads of money for a good picture why would you make it worse intentionally:-)

ciao

Rob van der Does
05-02-14, 17:23
Exactly. Better have the original lay-out and optimal picture quality.
Why bother about a black bar?

lee77
05-02-14, 21:06
I see what you mean Rob. Sfy ch HD has next generation in 4.3 but the normal Sfy ch has it stretched. Seems for whatever reason that HD channels keep to their original aspects ratio but SD will let you stretch to 16.9. O well, another problem off the list ha. Thanks.