PDA

View Full Version : unable to down load files to VUsolo2

jazzyjef
04-02-14, 17:43
When I try to open Vucc.exe I get is an error message "Error VuCC.ini file missing in C:user\user\AppData\Local\Temp\jZip32384\jZip3525B B\"
After opening VU+CONTROL CENTRE and entring IP Adrress I get another error message as follow "Access violation at address 0051B3D5 in module "VuCC.exe'.Read of address 00000000."

I did not had this type of problems before for all last year, unable to fathom out the reason why now and what to do, hope fully rely on some experts on the Forum will be able to help.

Jazzyjef

Larry-G
04-02-14, 17:50
sorry no idea whats going on, i dont use DCC i prefer to use a dedicated FTP client for my receivers, I use a paid for version of FlashFXP but the free filezilla is just as good.

weirskynet
07-02-14, 11:43
Yeah try use a free FTP like FileZilla or that

Then enter the box username and password then port and connect and it should go thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzyjef
08-02-14, 16:19
Yeah try use a free FTP like FileZilla or that

Then enter the box username and password then port and connect and it should go thru

What to enter for username,password and port, I am using Vu solo2 thanks

judge
08-02-14, 16:26
What to enter for username,password and port, I am using Vu solo2 thanks

Username is root, password is left blank & if using filezilla, no need to enter a port number. If using another FTP app that requires the port number, it's 21.

weirskynet
08-02-14, 17:13
If it does ask for a password use the stock vuplus one

jazzyjef
09-02-14, 15:00
Username is root, password is left blank & if using filezilla, no need to enter a port number. If using another FTP app that requires the port number, it's 21.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Welcome to the vuplus FTP service!
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Thats all I get, is this I am expected to get?

Larry-G
09-02-14, 15:23
we dont set passwords on our images by default, some more unscrupulous forums produce backup images and place passwords on them so if you have used a backup image try asking where ever you got it from.

If the image is a clean ViX image downloaded from www.openvix.co.uk it should be as judge said above.

User. root
password ( none left blank )

you could also try setting a password manaully via a telnet session with the passwd command.

timowen20
22-02-14, 23:51
Try:-

Username: root
Password : password

Worked for me!

weirskynet
23-02-14, 09:44
It try this

Username
root

Password
vuplus

judge
23-02-14, 12:37
Password : password

Password
vuplus

If the password has been set on a ViX image, either you or someone else did it, if someone else, I'd suggest a reflash.

Rob van der Does
23-02-14, 12:46
We still have no idea which image OP uses .....

abu baniaz
23-02-14, 17:57
On Vix images, you can use root/dreambox combination when a password has not been set. I didn't believe it when I read it on JazzyJeff's thread on another forum. Tried on Filezilla and DCC using TM Nano/Twin on 808.

Try it.