PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-5402 HD Super or VU-duo ?

chadda
03-02-14, 12:54
looking for a bit of advice really I use a Vu-duo which I am competent with, a friend of mine wants me to setup
a box for him and is looking at a Technomate TM-5402 HD Super as price is a bit of an issue !! with the VU being a bit more expensive so my question is the Technomate is as easy to setup as the VU as I really don't want to get into a big learning curve as a one off favour !!!! or would you be inclined to talk him into purchasing a VU ?
thanks for any input

thijs
20-02-14, 18:19
Vu+ would be much better, With the TM5402 non linux you would be stuck with what the patch gives you and there would be no plugins you can install.
If he just wants to use it for watching telly with a good share (client only) it would be a fairly simple box to setup patchsupport for them is not always great.

marty
20-02-14, 18:27
There are other Linux boxes to consider :)

sanderson82
20-02-14, 18:37
TM-Nano is what I'd suggest. £129, enigma2, can take a hard drive and would be the same as setting up your duo ie stick a USB pen in, flash and away you go :-)

It's fact that if he goes non-Linux he'll want a Linux HD box after 6mths cos he's ran out of things to do with it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
20-02-14, 19:25
Nano is a single feed only as apposed to Duo's twin feed. Duo wins on that score, better make, better box.

Andy_Hazza
20-02-14, 19:27
The image (ViX) is the same in the duo, solo, nano etc.

abu baniaz
20-02-14, 20:37
The Duo is solid, but it is old. Compare receiver specs before deciding.