PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Wifi issue not picking up IP

dermies
02-02-14, 21:11
Hi, I’m having wifi issues that are slowly driving me loopy.

It is on a replacement Gigablue Quad, image version 3.0 build 808 (YAD1309 but working fine otherwise).

Set up using hardwire, everything is fine.
The wifi dongle is the free Gigablue supplied Edision WiFi EDI-Mega using the Ralink 5370 chipset.
This is the same as a Ferguson Wi-Fi W03 dongle I think.

I downloaded and installed the "drivers-network-usb-rt3070" driver as recommended in another post

All good, scans and sees all the available networks but it won’t get an IP address.

Ok, so I hardwired it again and downloaded another Ralink driver, RT2800, no good.

Next, I downloaded every Ralink driver to see if any would work. The Rt5572sta driver was picked up on GB reboot. Still no IP address.

Tried changing security from WPA2 to both WPA and WPA2, no luck.

Tried turning DHCP off and manually entering IP address etc, no good.

Turned off encryption on the router and IT WORKS.
Green checkmarks everywhere including IP and Nameserver.

Turned WPA2-PSK (AES) back on again at router, reboot GB and back to square one, IP lost again.

All other wireless devices in the house are working fine – ipods etc. I’ve tried with two different brand routers and two different wifi adapters but that made no difference.

Wifi worked fine on the original Openmips 2.0 image.

Short of turning off encryption, what could I try next? I'm reluctant to reflash as timers are all set up and I don't know if any of the drivers I originally tried will work anyway

Many thanks