PDA

View Full Version : Flash New Image......Maybe.

lammy1961
02-02-14, 10:44
I’m currently running Vix 2.1.4 and I'm thinking about updating to the latest version is it (OpenViX 3.0-808 ) now the thing is, it's been a while and my current set up is running fine so I'm not sure what benefits I will get.
Anyway........I would like to keep my current channel list, network settings, tuner configuration, saved satellites and cccam config......I have a backup of 2.1.4 saved on a pen drive and if OpenViX 3.0-808 encountered any problems would I be able to reflash my old image ?
Or would that not be possible because of flashing the Bootloader.

Just out of interest is there a guide that anyone can recommend or a few "Must Do" points.....And how long should it take ?

Have any members used Vu Control Centre to back up ?

Larry-G
02-02-14, 10:49
you can backup the various files one by one via FTP or in the case of bouquets with DBE for example, but you can not use a settings backup from such a old image, it's just not compatible, not to mention it's a totally different linux kernel.

Larry-G
02-02-14, 10:51
a full fresh flash and basic setup should take 15 minutes at most, try looking on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk/) in the guides and tutorials section for flashing tutorials and some others that may help you.

also you may need to update the bootloader ( do this first ), it's the same procedure as flashing a image by USB stick / flash drive.

s1m0nw
02-02-14, 10:57
I’m currently running Vix 2.1.4 and I'm thinking about updating to the latest version is it (OpenViX 3.0-808 ) now the thing is, it's been a while and my current set up is running fine so I'm not sure what benefits I will get.
Anyway........I would like to keep my current channel list, network settings, tuner configuration, saved satellites and cccam config......I have a backup of 2.1.4 saved on a pen drive and if OpenViX 3.0-808 encountered any problems would I be able to reflash my old image ?
Or would that not be possible because of flashing the Bootloader.

Just out of interest is there a guide that anyone can recommend or a few "Must Do" points.....And how long should it take ?

Have any members used Vu Control Centre to back up ?

Firstly where have you been hiding??
The image has matured greatly since the version your on.

It now has autobouquets built in so no need for ch list dor 28.2e and 19.2 .
Personally mate I would flash to very latest version please note you will have to perform a fresh flash meaning you will be required to flash from usb stick rather than software update.

As for the rest they are relatively easy to put back onto box. Just ftp on box and tranfer a copy of ch list and ccam.cfg file onto desktop

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lammy1961
02-02-14, 18:09
Thanks for that, but what about the network settings and tuner configuration.......Can I back them up ?

s1m0nw
02-02-14, 18:16
Thanks for that, but what about the network settings and tuner configuration.......Can I back them up ?

You will be asked to set this up when youve flashed with new image.

Larry-G
02-02-14, 19:01

Theoretically yes although I dont kniw where there saved to on the receiver. You could extract your backup and see if you can find them in there.

hilly
02-02-14, 19:30
how about the old pen and paper method :confused: write down your settings then just re enter.

lammy1961
03-02-14, 18:46
Managed to upgrade the image.......Sort of.......Next question how do I install a new skin ?

Thanks as always.

Larry-G
03-02-14, 18:50
Managed to upgrade the image.......Sort of.......Next question how do I install a new skin ?

Thanks as always.

Either download them from the image feeds or install them manually, once installed you need to go into the menu to select the skin you installed.

lammy1961
03-02-14, 18:53
Thanks....pheonix......But I'm at a loss, I can't for the life of me get it right from the image feeds...Can you do me a menu path......Sorry for being.....a bit thick.

Thanks.

Larry-G
03-02-14, 18:58
Menu> plugins> skins. I think thats correct. Do you have any particular skin in mind ?.

lammy1961
03-02-14, 19:48
Can't see it there....I'm after ViXBMC skin.

Thanks.

Larry-G
03-02-14, 19:50
It's in the feeds and has been for a long time.

lammy1961
03-02-14, 19:52
But how do I get to the feeds.......I'm really struggling with this....Sorry.

Larry-G
03-02-14, 19:54
But how do I get to the feeds.......I'm really struggling with this....Sorry.

as i said

MENU --> PLUGINS --> then scroll down to the skins section.

lammy1961
04-02-14, 00:35
Thanks....pheonix....Managed to ge a skin I like VIX-Night-HD......Much appreciated....Don't go away just yet.
On my old VIX image I was using Webinterface.....Is it still on the new VIX 3.0.?
As I can't find it.

Larry-G
04-02-14, 00:44
I beleive you can download a old version from the image feeds but its not needed as we now use the openwebif in its place. The old web interface was removed due to DMM licencing issues.

lammy1961
04-02-14, 01:19
There seems to be a difference in settings from Webinterface to Openwebif.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/Lammy1961/webinterface.jpg (http://s772.photobucket.com/user/Lammy1961/media/webinterface.jpg.html)]

I only entered in HTTP Port in Webinterface

OpenWebinterface Enabled - yes
Http port 00000
Enable Http Authentication - yes
Streaming port - 00000
Enable Https - yes
Http port 0000
Smart service renaming for XBMC - no

lammy1961
04-02-14, 09:19
Managed to get OpenWebif Configuration sorted....Settings I used below....Apart from, it won't grab a screenshot.........Any ideas ?
I can stream from the VU Duo to the PC using VLC without a problem.....It's just the screenshot that's not working.

OpenWebinterface Enabled.............Yes
HTTP Port..........Port I Use
Enable HTTP Authentication.....Yes
Enable HTTPS..................No
HTTPS Port............00001........I just put anything in there
Smart Services Renaming For XBMC....No
Enable Parental Control.......No
Add Service Name To Stream Information......No

fraggle121
04-02-14, 11:14
USE TELENET INSTEAD

TELNET YOUR BOX AND DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COMMSANDS

grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD only.
grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD with channel.

BUT I THINK PHEONIX KNOW A EVEN EASIER WAY THROUGH WEB INTERFACE ..PHEONIX TOLD ME IT A WHILE AGO AND I FORGOT IT...

lammy1961
04-02-14, 11:31
I ended putting VIX 2.1 back on the box, I just could not get it exactly as I wanted it with OpenWebinterface and the VU Duo not showing on my network on the iMac.

So It's back to square one for me........Sorry for wasting the members time.