PDA

View Full Version : Mail order buying

philrum
01-02-14, 22:24
Just a word of warning, bought Vu+duo from WOS, returned after 4 weeks, power supply replaced. Cost me £22 to return, alright if its a one off problem, but if it a problem machine its going to be expensive on postage. I would advise if possible buy local, maybe slighty more expensive, but save on RTB postage.

fraggle121
01-02-14, 22:31
ive had no probs with my boxes and Ive had a few from them...
maybe a one off its a bit harsh recmendindg to go elswere infact I highly recemend them...
I wont buy elswere
and I think I speek for many on this forum.....

philrum
01-02-14, 22:44
I am happy for you that you have been lucky with your boxes, What I said is if you have to return a box costs can mount up, the heading was MAIL ORDER, not just from WOS....

lju
01-02-14, 23:12
I returned a solo to a supplier and it cost a fiver via collect+ who did you use to send it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Mr. Mister
01-02-14, 23:21
I have bought dozens of receivers from WoS.. Never had an issue with any of them.. and would NEVER buy anywhere else..

Fact is.. You buy from a trusted trader.. and WoS provides the best service.. and are trusted more than anyone..

philrum
01-02-14, 23:23
Advised by supplier to use parcel force 48hr.

Mr. Mister
01-02-14, 23:38
Parcel Force as good as anyone.. Perhaps a little more expensive then some others..

Me personally.. I always use Royal Mail.. As they do next day deliver at half that price..

Just one condiction with them.. Package must be under 2 kilos..

lju
01-02-14, 23:42
If faulty supplier should refund return costs anyway, or arrange collection.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

philrum
01-02-14, 23:47
Be a good idea to close thread as any negative posts of WOS attract the usual response. I did email WOS but I got no response, might in there junk mail folder !.

seame
02-02-14, 00:49
The thread is getting the usual responses because of the service WOS provide and the experience customers have had. I've bought lots of boxes over the years but only one from WOS. Through my own fault the box became bricked, so I contacted WOS and explained the situation, they could have charged me for a new motherboard and labour costs but to my surprise they were more than happy to fix the box FOC under warranty when they weren't obliged to do so. For this reason I will be using WOS to buy my next box, when the wife lets me;)

I'm not afraid to speak my mind and if WOS weren't up to standard I'd be the first to say so, but the fact is they are top notch suppliers.

fraggle121
02-02-14, 01:06
I say keep this thread open not that my opion counts but it will only prove how good wos are,,
I will admit wos are usless at answering the phone or emails infact who ever is responsible for that should be strung up by the b..lo...x and shot but I still stand by coment.ive had a few boxes and no probs so far,
there delivery sytem outstanding apart from that I cant comment no further,,
I love the fact that u can track it to your door,outstanding as I say so far ive had no probs with there boxes yet but im sure if I did they will sort asap there outstanding and I cant recemend any one better...
good going wos ...
if I was to get another box wos is top of list no one is better..

im only saying what I think sorry if I offended some people...but I did have a day when I spent 9 to 5 trying to get an answer on the phone and got nothing ..
if that was sorted it would be best ever,...however I suppose they might have there reasons for that,,,cs being one....

judge
02-02-14, 01:23
I will admit wos are usless at answering the phone or emails infact who ever is responsible for that should be strung up by the b..lo...x and shot

That guy running WOS is still shipping boxes on a daily basis, has some personal issues going on at the moment, gets 100s of emails a day, not to mind calls from unknown numbers.
He has also advertised here for a genuine job (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34704-Job-Vacancy-General-Assistant-required&p=261862&viewfull=1#post261862) to help answering those calls when he can't get to them.
Many of us here support WOS daily, if users opened proper support requests in the proper sections, it would lift the need on WOS having to reply to every email or phone call.

fraggle121
02-02-14, 01:41
I will agree with what u are saying but if theres a telephone number presented to people then that's what they will use...
I understand what u are saying about personal issues but that's not people problems who pay hard cash for boxes,
if u pay for something u expect a good customer service..regardless...im sure he can get some one to help its not hard theres tons of unemployed at the moment...I know if it was local to me I would be there instantanly it would be the ideal job for me and many...he surley cant be short of people wanting to work for him..
all im saying is if wos didn't show a contact number I will not ring it,.
and if they ask to state take a thread out in the forum people will ...

judge
02-02-14, 01:44
I will agree with what u are saying but if theres a telephone number presented to people then that's what they will use...
I understand what u are saying about personal issues but that's not people problems who pay hard cash for boxes,

And I'll agree with what you are saying, still think WOS provide the best after sales service though.

Clabs
02-02-14, 01:45
This thread is so far off topic but ^^^ amen Fraggle

fraggle121
02-02-14, 01:54
And I'll agree with what you are saying, still think WOS provide the best after sales service though.

judge I thought u would rip my head off for saying what I thought..

I agree u cant beat wos I had a few boxes from the duo2 being the latest and I will 100% say I think there the best.
any way cant say no more and sorry if I upset some people... didnt meen to m8,,,,sorry clabs for going of topic my lips are sealed from now on to anther topic

judge
02-02-14, 02:06
No, express your thoughts freely. We all do.
Just my personal opinion that I woudn't complaign about WOS for any reason, everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Larry-G
02-02-14, 06:57

No one on this forum will ever attack a person for posting a genuine, honest comment, it's when some users go overboard and get aggressive when we step in to close threads.

WoS has a very hard earned reputation as one of the best satellite equipment sellers in the UK, with a excellent after sales service and yes it's not the end users problem if he's having issues, but i will go on record and say that he has had a tough two years that would bring most of us to our knees. personally i would not buy a receiver from any one else.

Silent
02-02-14, 15:31
I've bought 2 boxes and not had problems. Having said that, if it's found faulty I would expect to be refunded the return postage, regardless of previous experience.

Alec
02-02-14, 16:56
I buy all the main goods by mail order, because most of the time it cost less, and if I just drive down the road it seems to cost about £10 in petrol, traffic jams and then there is parking charges. With every highway men in uniform ready to fleece me.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
04-02-14, 18:45
@ Philrum, please send us a PM with full details.

bellejt
04-02-14, 19:11
I was lucky and had my VU+DUO2 + twin DVB-S2 tuner for 465 euro in local sat store.2 years warranty in Belgium.Mostly if you buy online a simple mail to the vendor resolves a lot and keeps costs at the minimum.

Sicilian
04-02-14, 19:14
Ok, thread going off topic. @ Philrum see post 21 above.