PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 - No Analog Output

nickw
01-02-14, 21:59
Hi, First post here and a noob when it comes to the Vu+ Duo2 box.

I recently purchased this unit and I am running Vix. Everything is working apart from one thing, which is that I cannot get sound to output over the Analog RCA connections from the unit. HDMI is connected, but for a distribution system here in the house I require that the sound is also output over the RCA cables.

Am I missing something simple? I cannot see any settings in the menu for forcing this? I assume like a regular Sky box, sound should always output over the RCA?

Thanks

nickw
01-02-14, 22:24
Kernel version: 3.3.8
Firmware version: 3.0.808
Gui version: 2013-12-21

Trial
02-02-14, 09:05
Hi,
perhaps downmix must be on. I have no analog connection so I cannot check.

ciao

marty
02-02-14, 09:46
With scart downmix MUST be on, was the same on the original DUO too.
Havn't tried RCA's yet but imagen its the same.

nickw
02-02-14, 11:42
Down mix is on. I'm not using scart.

Video is on hdmi. I need the RCA stereo outputs to connect to my distribution system for sound.

This works for other boxes I use. Just not the vu+

I suspect it's a bug?

nickw
02-02-14, 15:47
Hi guys. Still struggling with this.

I suspect that if hdmi is on for video the RCA analog is disabled. Can anyone here confirm?

Trial
02-02-14, 20:05
Hi,
RCA is not disabled at least not the yellow video one as I use it most of the time when I sit at my PC.

ciao

nickw
03-02-14, 20:36
RCA Audio....

In a weird twist, when I went to bed, it was not working. This morning I wake up and its working! I cannot believe it, nor can I explain it. Does this thing require multiple restarts?

Trial
03-02-14, 20:44
Hi,
changing something in the audio settings normally need no reboot/restart.

ciao

marty
15-02-14, 16:49
RCA Audio....

In a weird twist, when I went to bed, it was not working. This morning I wake up and its working! I cannot believe it, nor can I explain it. Does this thing require multiple restarts?

Do you have downmix enabled?
I just tried mine there is no audio via RCA and scart unless downmix is enabled.

Yellow RCA works all the time (as does video via scart)

marty
15-02-14, 16:50
Hi,
RCA is not disabled at least not the yellow video one as I use it most of the time when I sit at my PC.

ciao

VIDEO seems OK, but not audio.