PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Weird Tuner and OpenWebif issue

avi68
01-02-14, 20:34
Hi guys,

Basically on Friday I noticed that one of my tuner is being used, i could tell because tuner A was in red and we were watching tv using tuner B. Nothing was recording however my modem was flashing constantly so I thought my son was watching something from the box via his phone away from home however when I rang him to ask him he said no he hasn't watched anything.

I checked my router status and it said that it was uploading at around 344kb/s, I checked all devices connected to my router and nothing was downloading or uploading. I even turned off my wireless, but the router said that something wired was uploading data and the only thing connected was my vu box.

I then thought that someone guessed my password and was watching tv from my box, I turned everything off, modem, router, box for a couple of hours. I then used telnet to change my password on the vu box.

Everything seemed to be working fine however just about an hour ago the same thing started to happen. Tuner B was being used and my modem was going crazy. This time I disconnected the wire from the back of the vu box however it still said that tuner B was being used even though there was no recording. The modem stopped flashing but the box still was displaying that tuner B was in use. I changed the channel, put the box into standby but nothing.

I then did another reboot of the box and it was back to normal, only one tuner being used.

Can someone help me please, as I don't know if someone is watching something from my box. Why is the box uploading data and to what???

I'm getting a bit worried, as I don't know what todo.

Thanks!

seame
01-02-14, 21:14
Something similar happened to me last weekend. I wanted to monitor the traffic on a device so I logged into my router and seen that 160gb of data had been used in the last 24 hours all of which was through a wired connection. My wired connections are 1 PC, a ps3, a gb quad, a tv and an old enigma1 box, I pulled the ethernet out of the PC as there was important info on that belonging to my wife and left the other devices connected to monitor the traffic. The next day there was over 200gb of uploaded data all through a wired connection, I was pretty sure it wasn't the enigma1 box or the tv as there is nothing connected to them to upload and as far as I know the ps3 is pretty secure so that left the gb quad as the only wired connection.

I changed the password on my router and the ip address of the quad and have continued to monitor it all week and so far there hasn't been any unusual activity.

avi68
01-02-14, 21:33
Something similar happened to me last weekend. I wanted to monitor the traffic on a device so I logged into my router and seen that 160gb of data had been used in the last 24 hours all of which was through a wired connection. My wired connections are 1 PC, a ps3, a gb quad, a tv and an old enigma1 box, I pulled the ethernet out of the PC as there was important info on that belonging to my wife and left the other devices connected to monitor the traffic. The next day there was over 200gb of uploaded data all through a wired connection, I was pretty sure it wasn't the enigma1 box or the tv as there is nothing connected to them to upload and as far as I know the ps3 is pretty secure so that left the gb quad as the only wired connection.

I changed the password on my router and the ip address of the quad and have continued to monitor it all week and so far there hasn't been any unusual activity.

That is interesting as I've changed the password on the vu box. I might have to change the IP address on the box. I'm using a dyndns address and at the moment I've disabled that on my router and I've disabled port forwarding, so we will see if that helps.

I'm also port forwarding my CCTV but I've NEVER seen this type of upload, this is the first time I've had a problem like this.

Thanks for your help mate!

avi68
01-02-14, 22:03
What I want to find out is: has someone been watching my channels ? Have they physically got into my box or is it a bug?

seame
02-02-14, 20:11
I thought I'd post here rather than hijacking that other guys thread.

I've the same router as yourself I'm using shibbys tomato firmware and can see both incoming and outgoing connections. If you're using the original asus FW go to the asus website and download the latest update and you should be able to see the same.

You can also use the netstat option under network tools on the asus

avi68
02-02-14, 20:54
I thought I'd post here rather than hijacking that other guys thread.

I've the same router as yourself I'm using shibbys tomato firmware and can see both incoming and outgoing connections. If you're using the original asus FW go to the asus website and download the latest update and you should be able to see the same.

You can also use the netstat option under network tools on the asus

I've got asuswrt merlin installed onto mine mate. I'll have to check that mate. But I can only check when that guy is streaming from my router right?

seame
02-02-14, 21:00
The ip might still be listed with the status as expired or closed.

avi68
02-02-14, 21:55
The ip might still be listed with the status as expired or closed.

This is all I can see mate:

my box ip: 192.168.0.110