PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] openwebif head scratcher!!

vuduofan
01-02-14, 14:52
I will try an keep it short.
Been trying to access the webif while away from home but it just doesn't work.
My vu duo has static ip connected to cable router via Ethernet cable, webif port set to 6969 and port is forwarded in the router, I set up no-ip account and the the external ip address of my internet is set in it.
But when I go to xxxx.no-ip.biz:6969 nothing happens (on my phone data plan), if I enable WiFi it works fine on the same network.
I visited a page which shows your ip and u can test ports, 80 is open but 6969 says "connection refused"
Just to try it I set webif back to port 80 but it still does nothing.

Any ideas much appreciated!

danivtec
01-02-14, 15:47
Also ensure the port forward on your router forwards to the LAN ip of your duo?

vuduofan
01-02-14, 16:33
The duo has an ip of 192.168.2.3 which is the ip listed with the 6969 port forward, do I need to forward 6969 on the external ip too?

danivtec
01-02-14, 16:47
What router you using?

vuduofan
01-02-14, 16:57
A Belkin N wireless router, model F5D8236-4 v1

danivtec
01-02-14, 17:00
Yeah try putting the port in private port

vuduofan
01-02-14, 17:39
It won't allow me to add the external ip, in the virtual server list 192.168.2 part is non adjustable, the last number is the only thing I can input!

vuduofan
01-02-14, 17:45
I don't know if it's relevant but.... my internet is what's called over the air broadband, on my roof is a little nanostation which is what my router hooks upto.
I don't think it will make any difference because every other aspect of internet connectivity functions exactly the same as it did when I was on adsl with a phone line!!

danivtec
01-02-14, 17:49
It should work with that screenshot you have posted.

I was pointing you in the direction of the last column to put 6969.

You could also try another port.

vuduofan
01-02-14, 17:55
I know, that's why I'm so confused, my wan ip address is always the same as I never unplug the nanostation, and even when I do it seems to remain the same.
According to what I've read I should be able to access by typing 185.6.xxx.xxx:6969 but this does not work :-(

danivtec
01-02-14, 18:26
Is your router on latest firmware? Do you have another router you could try.

danivtec
01-02-14, 18:29
This is my configuration from a fritzbox and works fine.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/02/4upe6apu.jpg

Must be your router I think, especially if the test shows the port isn't open.

vuduofan
01-02-14, 23:24
I have been clutching at straws to get this working, I run my phone through a vpn and still no joy.
I'm thinking it must be something to do with router settings, if anyone has any ideas with Belkin routers please advise!
Tomorrow I'm gonna plug the nanostation straight into the vu duo bypassing the router completely just to eliminate the router as the problem!

vuduofan
02-02-14, 00:00
Router is on latest firmware.
Tried forwarding port 80, still no joy.
Tried putting the duo's ip under dmz and still nothing, it's just baffling!

vuduofan
02-02-14, 20:41
If anyone is interested I think I have figured out why I'm not getting any luck with this and save anyone else hours of reading and stress, below is a link, this is what brings my internet in.
http://www.ubnt.com/airmax#nanobridgem
It's basically a long range WiFi receiver, and it has its own built in configuration web interface like a router so I'm assuming this is where the ports need forwarding as well, only problem is the login details are kept by the isp, I can get to the web interface login and I tried the default username and password but it didn't work.
Anyway I have sent the isp an email to see what they say.

vuduofan
06-02-14, 12:32
Update.
My isp says I need a static ip to do this and it costs £5 ($8) per month.
An expensive upgrade for something what most people can do for free :-(

BubbleBalls
06-02-14, 13:03
I had an issue where my ISP did not support (allow) bridge mode. I threatened to leave so they gave me a new device and reduced my monthly bill.

Tapatālker