PDA

View Full Version : DTS-HD pass through

marty
31-01-14, 12:58
Can anyone confirm or deny DTS-HD pass through works on the DUOČ or not? (NOT DTS downmix or normal DTS pass through, has to be DTS-HD)

This is DTS pass through. AMP outputs standard 1500kb DTS.

This is DTS-HD pass through. AMP still only outputs standard 1500kb DTS. NO HD output :(

Here's a sample if anyone want to try :thumbsup:

http://dl.demo-world.eu/download_hd.php?filename=hd_dts_animated_logo_loss less.rar

jakey
31-01-14, 23:59
Definitely you only get DTS core pass through from DTS HD.

Whether or not the hardware is capable of passing through DTS HD I'm not sure, you would have to check the Broadcom spec, I seriously doubt it though.

marty
01-02-14, 08:32
Definitely you only get DTS core pass through from DTS HD.

Whether or not the hardware is capable of passing through DTS HD I'm not sure, you would have to check the Broadcom spec, I seriously doubt it though.

So why release drivers that claim to support it?

Vu+ Drivers:

- Fix transcoding problem(duo2)
- Fix vtuner problem(duo2, solo2)
- Support non bcma encrypted PCMWAV in media playback
- Add missing entries in framerate_choices(duo2, solo2)
- Support 4 vtuners(duo2, solo2)
- Support transcoding in vtuner(duo2, solo2)
Fix 1080i problem (duo2)
Fix AC3 sound problem (duo2)
- Fix DTSHD downmix & passthrough
- Support more than 4 tuners(vtuner) in duo2 and ultimo
- Fix play/pause in solo2(when duo2's new remote control is used)
- Fix Xcrypt card detection problem(duo2, solo2, uno, ultimo)
- Support transcoding bitrate/framerate setup
(solo2, 50K<bitrate<1M, Change is in effect in the subsequent connection )

jakey
01-02-14, 15:49
Because before it couldn't handle DTS HD at all, meaning it couldn't even extract the DTS core, since those drivers now it can.

marty
01-02-14, 15:52
Because before it couldn't handle DTS HD at all, meaning it couldn't even extract the DTS core, since those drivers now it can.

Thats called downmix ;) NOT passthough :p

rossi2000
01-02-14, 15:53
i guess now youd have to report to VU and hope they do a better job at fixing it :)

jakey
01-02-14, 18:04
Thats called downmix ;) NOT passthough :p

I know the difference but you know best so I'll exit this thread now. :rolleyes:

rossi2000
01-02-14, 18:08
if thats the case then they should have labelled the driver changelog properly, to

fix dts-hd CORE passthrough

im not sure on this as my quad as always passthroughed the core of the dts-hd tracks as i always remux blurays with the hd track as the core is still playable until proper passthrough is enabled for the hd audio.

its not passing through dts-hd at all which is what the changelog states.

marty
01-02-14, 19:26
I know the difference but you know best so I'll exit this thread now. :rolleyes:

Why the hostility :confused:

Rob van der Does
01-02-14, 21:05
By the time the drivers were released I tested quite a lot of files from

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php
and all was fine by then. I'll try to do some more tests shortly (not sure what my present amp is capable of).

Trial
02-02-14, 09:06
Hi Rob,
HD was never passed through upto now. At the moment rossi is right with core passthrough.

ciao

marty
02-02-14, 09:43
Hi Rob,
HD was never passed through upto now. At the moment rossi is right with core passthrough.

ciao

As suspected, I just wanted to verify that HD does not work at this time (driver release info is incorrect/misleading) :thumbsup:

Both GB and VU say their drivers allow passthough HD sound yet I've never seen any proof it works :p

Some guy with an ET9200 "claims" it works so if anyone has an ET9200 and HD compatible amp please test :D

Rob van der Does
02-02-14, 10:29
I'm far from an expert in this area, but the file uploaded above gives me a perfect DTS-sound. I can't seen any difference on my amp when playing back via Ultimo, UNO, DUO2 and ET9200.

Trial
02-02-14, 11:18
Hi,
does your AVR support DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD? If yes it also should show HD if it is present. The DTS-Core is the normal old DTS but without lossless or high resolution.

Ralf

rossi2000
02-02-14, 11:28
Yup your amp will definatly highlight what kind is playing. My yamaha will display DTS HD MSTR when hd audio is playing. It will just show DTS if its only the core.

Rob van der Does
02-02-14, 12:14
My Yamaha showed 'DTS'. I think it is DTS-HD capable.

Trial
02-02-14, 20:13
Hi,
what model from Yamaha? What does it show when you play a BluRay?

Ralf

Rob van der Does
02-02-14, 20:21
An RX-A830.
Blue ray? What's that :confused:

rossi2000
02-02-14, 20:29
your amp is more than capable of dts-hd :)

it should show DTS HD MSTR

marty
02-02-14, 20:38
An RX-A830.
Blue ray? What's that :confused:

Cleaning the loft a few weeks back, my youngest found an old VHS tape :p
What's this Dad :eek:
I then had to try and explain that movies were stored on several hundred meters of black tape ;)

Trial
02-02-14, 20:44
Hi Rob,
I do not know what BlueRay is but BluRay (because a color could not be copyrighted so blue becomes blu) is the successor of DVD and the only real source for DTS-HD-MA, DTS-HD-HR and Dolby True-HD. Your AVR is capable of all and I would bet that it also shows HD-MA if it is HD-MA. If you have a mediaplayer like HDI-Dune or PopcornHour you can check with these.

Ralf