PDA

View Full Version : Story behind the Username

silverfox0786
05-11-10, 02:06
Hey guys i have always been curious upon usernames and i love some of them on here. So any one who doesn't mind sharing i was hoping i can get the story behind why you chose the username you have. I'll strt with mine

The silver part is i love an wear alot of silver jewelery rings mainly [Hate Gold] Fox because my fav book [not movie] is Fantastic Mr. Fox so i put them together and 0786 is becasue 786 is a symbolic number to me as it is to many. Silverfox as a whole is always gone so i tried silverfox786 which is always gone to so i added the 0 infront that is always available. After a few times of using that name i decided to stick to it and just automaticaly just choose silverfox0786 its become me now.

So there you have it there is mine. Now you please...

charliesen
05-11-10, 02:18
charlie is my first name and senator is the name of the band i currently play with.
Not very imaginative lol

Ojustaboo
05-11-10, 10:06
Mine started out a few years ago when I started playing an online game and picked an auto generated name.

It picked Ojustabo

I then created another character and simply added another "o" to it making Ojustaboo.

People then started referring to me online as "boo" and it sort of stuck.. So now whenever I create a forum name or whatever, I always use Ojustaboo. It has the added bonus of no one else (so far) ever using it, so it's always available, hence don't have a load of usernames to remember.

Sicilian
05-11-10, 10:48
Mine just started from online gaming a many years ago, oh the great Battlefield1942 clan wars :D

Was with a clan called Clan KsR (King size Rizla) :roflmao: So anyone playing BF1942 would have seen me as [KsR]Sicilian, chose Sicilian as both my parents are Sicilian. Thats my story lol!

silverfox0786
05-11-10, 13:59
Mine just started from online gaming a many years ago, oh the great Battlefield1942 clan wars :D

Was with a clan called Clan KsR (King size Rizla) :roflmao: So anyone playing BF1942 would have seen me as [KsR]Sicilian, chose Sicilian as both my parents are Sicilian. Thats my story lol!

I hope the king size rizla was for the old holburn or virginia lol :p

bobonthejob
05-11-10, 14:11
Jack of all trades here....mates named it.... and it stuck....

lol

hummer66
05-11-10, 14:32
So its not (ON THE JOB)....wink wink lol

pooface
05-11-10, 14:34
Wrote a reply for this, pressed the back button by accident, then forwards and message had all gone :( Grrrr Firefox :angry:

Anyway, as I stated previously, I have quite a few usernames, and this is the only one which doesn't really have a story to it... I just chose a username randomly, and this one was it, lol. I think I might've used it before when younger as a mild childish insult, is where it came from, lol...

As for my other usernames, my most commonly used for day to day stuff like emails etc, comes from just my surname and initials. It was the first proper username I was ever issued, which I received when I went to university. And it's stuck with me ever since...

My other username comes from a mick-take from when we used to text obscenities :p Basically, try typing an insulting word, which could also be used as a name for female genitalia on nokia (at least older ones anyway) predictive text. You'll come up with a word that I just used as my username. However, everytime I tried it on most places, it was already used, so I used the year that I first started to try it, and have stuck with it ever since...

And my final username (I say that, as it's my xbox live name) comes about, again from university... Now I usually get flamed on xbox live for this, because I'm always told I have wrote it wrong :p The username is foobar, and am constantly told it should be fubar!!!!! (all the exclamations, as it's c00l to do that :p). Anyway, as some of the users here will probably know, I am not talking about fubar, but the foobar that I got for my first piece of C+ programming :p:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
char foo[] = "Hello,";
char bar[] = "World!";
printf("%s %s\n", foo, bar);

return 0;
}

Anyway, there you have my stories :p hehe

bobonthejob
05-11-10, 14:40
lol hummer....

Thought the name would be a bit subtle....but guess not ;)

bassethound
05-11-10, 14:45
Have owned Bassethound dogs for years just started using the name

stuattravs
05-11-10, 14:46
my names stu and i used to live in a pub called the travs............simples

hummer66
05-11-10, 14:47
Hummer is cause of body odour and
66 day without a bath
Na I

Like the hum V and born in go old 66

irishchris
05-11-10, 14:52
my name is chris and ..........................

you guessed it i'm irish :rofl:

ps its also my xbox live name :)

paul362
05-11-10, 15:28
My name relates to me "Paul" and my race car number.......

pooface
05-11-10, 15:30
My name relates to me "Paul" and my race car number.......

and what about the woman in your sig? Is that to do with army fantasy and the postion you like her in? :p

MalteseMick
05-11-10, 16:29
I lived in Malta for four years until last year and my first name is Michael so MalteseMick had a certain ring to it.

pooface
05-11-10, 16:33
I lived in Malta for four years until last year and my first name is Michael so MalteseMick had a certain ring to it.

Sounds more like you were partial to the odd pack of maltesers to me :p hehe :D

WOIIFTM
05-11-10, 16:45
I'll turn my answer into a quiz: my avatar and username are linked, my username is an acronym. Eternal fame for the one that posts my 'full' username.

Why, I like Zappa, what more can I say?

Maxwell
05-11-10, 16:51
I'll turn my answer into a quiz: my avatar and username are linked, my username is an acronym. Eternal fame for the one that posts my 'full' username.

That album was in my opinion, music wise exactly as the title - Were only in it for the money. :p nice user name

pooface
05-11-10, 16:51

OK, so are you saying that you're an ex dream-elite team member??? Since, as far as I know, the acronym of your username is "We're Only In It For The Money"... So, makes me think you're a DE team member :p hehe

lol, Maxwell just beat me to it :p

Maxwell
05-11-10, 16:56
OK, so are you saying that you're an ex dream-elite team member??? Since, as far as I know, the acronym of your username is "We're Only In It For The Money"... So, makes me think you're a DE team member :p hehe

lol, Maxwell just beat me to it :p

Lol nice answer all the same haha

Sicilian
05-11-10, 16:59

:roflmao: :rofl: :lol3:

silverfox0786
05-11-10, 17:16
i tell you pooface i'm extreamly ill with a cold and fever and reading your DE post just made my day was ROFL all the way

WOIIFTM
05-11-10, 20:01
That album was in my opinion, music wise exactly as the title - Were only in it for the money. :p nice user name

Here you go:
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6533/famem.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/3618/congratulationsi.jpg to the winner :D

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 17:04
Wrote a reply for this, pressed the back button by accident, then forwards and message had all gone :( Grrrr Firefox :angry:

Anyway, as I stated previously, I have quite a few usernames, and this is the only one which doesn't really have a story to it... I just chose a username randomly, and this one was it, lol. I think I might've used it before when younger as a mild childish insult, is where it came from, lol...

As for my other usernames, my most commonly used for day to day stuff like emails etc, comes from just my surname and initials. It was the first proper username I was ever issued, which I received when I went to university. And it's stuck with me ever since...

My other username comes from a mick-take from when we used to text obscenities :p Basically, try typing an insulting word, which could also be used as a name for female genitalia on nokia (at least older ones anyway) predictive text. You'll come up with a word that I just used as my username. However, everytime I tried it on most places, it was already used, so I used the year that I first started to try it, and have stuck with it ever since...

And my final username (I say that, as it's my xbox live name) comes about, again from university... Now I usually get flamed on xbox live for this, because I'm always told I have wrote it wrong :p The username is foobar, and am constantly told it should be fubar!!!!! (all the exclamations, as it's c00l to do that :p). Anyway, as some of the users here will probably know, I am not talking about fubar, but the foobar that I got for my first piece of C+ programming :p:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
char foo[] = "Hello,";
char bar[] = "World!";
printf("%s %s\n", foo, bar);

return 0;
}

Anyway, there you have my stories :p hehe

I have to say pooface with your username on here and the avtar you chose i have to say it goes really well 'count pooface' has a certain ring to it ;P

Larry-G
06-11-10, 17:14
i dont really have rhyme or reason for my usernames other than the fact that i tend to get bored and change the name from forum to forum.
saying that i common user name i do use on most forums would be DUDE. this is just a name i have used for around 10 years all the way back to the old xbox 1 hacking days.

i was also for over 3 years a senior moderator on a well known cable forum untill one of the admins decided otherwise. but hey there are plenty other forums i can offer my very own brand of assistance on.

for those intrested you may have bumped into me under any of the following names on various forums.

00DUDE
DuDe
DUDE
taxman
technerd187
RuberDuck.

amongst others.

WOIIFTM
06-11-10, 17:43
RuberDuck...Out of curiosity, what's a ruberduck (or is it a typo?)

Larry-G
06-11-10, 18:24
Out of curiosity, what's a ruberduck (or is it a typo?)

back in the days of illegal cb radio ( am band 70's and early 80's ) it was slang for a mobile magmount antenna. and i'm a radio geek.

Conaxthewarrior
06-11-10, 18:47
I bought my VU+ Duo a few weeks ago and when filling in the forum membership page had'nt a clue what ID I should call myself but knew the ID had to be somthing connected with television. On the CBS Action channel at the time was a program "conan the warrior" and suddenly the idea came, a parody of "conan the warrior" and tv related......Conax the warrior!!!!!!!! Perfect! (Conax being, as much as I could gather, one of the forms of tv signal encryption like videocrypt or Videoguard etc).
hastily typing in my new find, I forgot the spaces inbetween the words!!!
Conaxthewarrior

Conaxthewarrior
06-11-10, 18:56
I believe the term "rubber duck" originated from the USA. Truckers would use it as an ID over their CB radio. I remember it was also used widely by the general public during the period when the single "convoy" was played on the radio in the late 1970's. I found this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_(song) for more info.
Anyway, thats my theroy.
Conaxthewarrior

paul362
06-11-10, 21:53
and what about the woman in your sig? Is that to do with army fantasy and the postion you like her in? :p

I wish LOL

jcgrumbles
10-11-10, 20:02
Mines grumbles because the good lady reckons i do nowt but moan about the pain from my testicles(scar tissue) and the j and the c are for my gorgeous grandbairns our jessica and our charlotte.the avatar is what a mate of mine thinks i look like after one too many tramadol....now i bet you wished you didnt ask!

Foxylady
14-11-10, 21:12
I used this name on another forum approx 6 year ago, it was my wife whom signed up but never used it so i did.
Was a pain sometimes getting pm's for dates lmao, honestly i did as i had a pic of the girl out of fast and furious as an avatar and they really did think it was me pmsl

DrProzac
14-11-10, 21:15
I used to write a fake problem page in a pub magazine.
The name has sorta just stuck.

andyblac
16-11-10, 10:12
well, i am just to lazy to think of a good username, my name is Andy Blackburn, and back when i first installed OSX 10.0 on my mac it gave me my login name of you guessed it 'andyblac' i just kept using it, one less thing to remember :lol3:

Blu-ray
16-11-10, 11:51
I collect dvd,s and they must be Blu-ray it is as simple as that.

Stanman
16-11-10, 12:24
Stan are the last four letters of my name and I am man:D:D

oblivian
16-11-10, 12:26
Mine is dedicated to one of my fav bands....Oblivians

jd58
21-11-10, 19:21
Name Initials and the year i was born in..

Prioryman
21-11-10, 22:34
Well mine easy - I'm a Monk........

vu-duo-user
23-11-10, 21:38
I have different handle for each site that I'am a member of hence I have a VU+ Duo and thats why I'am here.

vu-duo-user
23-11-10, 21:39
Name Initials and the year i was born in..

1858 or 1958 :) :) :)

jcgrumbles
24-11-10, 18:00
Yes jd58 that was a good year mate..same as me,are we getting on a bit or what ha...

canthackit
25-11-10, 10:32
canthackit
it's not initially what you think, although i've always had problems progging PCB cards when i first got involved in our hobby, but no canthackit comes from the fact i'm a cab driver and the job really get's me down most of the time and i feel like i just cant hackit anymore ;)

regards: canthackit

silverfox0786
26-11-10, 16:21
canthackit
it's not initially what you think, although i've always had problems progging PCB cards when i first got involved in our hobby, but no canthackit comes from the fact i'm a cab driver and the job really get's me down most of the time and i feel like i just cant hackit anymore ;)

regards: canthackit

thats brill mate but i tell you something funny bout your user name when i first read it i thought it said pronounced can-takit and i always wondered what it was. until i read it and it clicked

canthackit
28-11-10, 11:05
cant takeit applies as well mate :D

regards cant takeit

steve1978
30-11-10, 10:38
Funny story, i was born in 1978 and my name is steve..... damn thats a crap nickname

Mr. Mister
01-12-10, 19:11
ok.. mine comes from a pal of mine.. and before i get slated for this.. The guy in question loves to tell this story..

myself and 5 friends we out one night.. and one of my pals have a stoppage in his speech.. But.. he always calls everyone Mister.. As in : "Well Mister.. Hows it going..?"

Yep.. you guessed it.. he had a stoppage in the middle of calling me Mister.. and it just came out Mmmmister. Mister..

So since then.. all my palls call me Mr.Mister..

micscave
07-12-10, 23:30
Back in the olden days when Space Invaders, Pacman, Galaxians & Track 'n' Field were the games of choice in the arcades & boozers, you could only input 3 letter names on the leader board. My names Mick, shortened to mic & my fav band is Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Mates used to call me mic cave. miccave looks cack, micscave looks better.

silverfox0786
08-12-10, 00:26
Back in the olden days when Space Invaders, Pacman, Galaxians & Track 'n' Field were the games of choice in the arcades & boozers, you could only input 3 letter names on the leader board. My names Mick, shortened to mic & my fav band is Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Mates used to call me mic cave. miccave looks cack, micscave looks better.

not bad idea there my brother used to put in ASH as his name mine was SSS my initials are all S 4 of them in total [i got my own arcade machine with MAME on it myself love the old retro games

micscave
08-12-10, 04:03
I love the mame cabinet, not got one though. I've got mame on me puta & on my nokia n95, anyone know if it's available for iPhone ?

silverfox0786
08-12-10, 04:10
I love the mame cabinet, not got one though. I've got mame on me puta & on my nokia n95, anyone know if it's available for iPhone ?

i built my mame cabinet myself was my little BYOAC project my fav game to date is TRACK & FIELD done some crazy world records on it got the latest mame too keep it updated all the time cost me over £1000 in parts

Likvid
09-12-10, 16:58
Story behind my nick comes from when i worked as a stock broker, "Likvid" or in english "Liquidity" means you have lots of assets to invest in the market.