PDA

View Full Version : loop-through cable

raedkuwait
28-01-14, 20:31
hi,
if i use the loop through cable from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in, will that free tuner 2 totally even if i am
recording from tuner 1?

Larry-G
28-01-14, 20:46
It will allow you more recording options yes, but not the same as if you provided a independent feed to each tuner

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 06:23
It will allow tuner 2 to use any transponder that is in the same 'quadrant' (same polarisation (Hor/Vert) and frequency-band (Hi/Lo)) as the transponder tuner 1 is looking at.

jonnyflash
29-01-14, 10:40
In what situation is a loop through cable used? thanks in advance

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 12:08
If you don't have sufficient independent feeds.

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 17:48
Has the loop out issue on the Duo 2 single tuner been fixed?

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 17:58
No; I'm hoping for a driver fix. But it might even be a hardware issue.

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 19:17
@Raeedkuwait, you would be better off getting a high isolation switch to manually select which receiver uses the satellite signal.

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 19:46
@Raeedkuwait, you would be better off getting a high isolation switch to manually select which receiver uses the satellite signal.
And keep track of all your recordings in your head?

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 20:03
What's wrong with writing them on a piece of paper?

On a serious note, see his other thread to understand what he is trying to achieve.

raedkuwait
06-02-14, 19:58
What's wrong with writing them on a piece of paper?

On a serious note, see his other thread to understand what he is trying to achieve.

hi, i guess your the only one that understand what am trying to achieve i tried to explain it on the other thread then gave up
any other solution othere than the the high isolation switch?

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 03:24
You can get a receiver that has loopout. There will be limitations though. The BeIn official receiver will be restricted to what the tuner on the unofficial receiver is locked on. As far as I am aware, the only other released receiver that uses the 1.3 MHz CPU is the Gigablue Quad. The Duo2 uses another CPU (superior to the one in solo2) but the loopout issue has not been resolved s wont be any good to you.

Can't you run another cable? You'v enot mentioned what your dish setup is. If you only want to use the official receiver for the football, then it does not make sense forking out money on another receiver.

raedkuwait
07-02-14, 15:58
hi, i have 4 dishes, nilesat, arabsat, hotbird, and amos, and i only have one cable coming down running another cable would b really
difficult, and i need to have an enigma receiver as i watch many other stuff specially my kids watch Disney cartoon channels and others
so , so far beIN sport hd are still working with the Duo but i am just trying to b prepared for when i really have to get there receiver

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 17:12
Are you aware that loopout locks the output to the same quadrant as what is being watched on the receiver that has the satellite feed?

If you want to connect another receiver on the output and watch a completely different satellite as the one that the has the input cable, it won't work with a single cable. Why buy a new receiver if you can only use one at a time with your current cabling? With the isolation swicth, press button and watch football. When finished press the other one and you get usage of the Enigma one back.

raedkuwait
08-02-14, 18:31
ok i think your solution is the best, one more thing , can you please provide me a link from our sponsor if they
have them, or if not in private if its not allowed to provide me a link of how this isolation switch looks like and how much it is,

thank you