PDA

View Full Version : TS Media and VPN

seame
27-01-14, 23:33
I've been reading about using a VPN on my router with tomato firmware and it seems possible to route specific ip addys or ports through a vpn and allow all other traffic to pass through the router as normal. As its possible to let only certain programs on a PC to pass through the vpn my question is, would it be possible to do the same with tsmedia on an enigma2 box? I can obviously route all traffic from my box through the vpn to a proxy but then I assume this would lead to problems with the geo block on the iplayer.

duoduo
28-01-14, 08:19
Official Iplayer possibly it would, on demand plugin not an issue

seame
28-01-14, 14:56
I thought people where having trouble with geo block on the ondemand plugin. There's only one way to find out if this will work and thats to try it, I'll give it a go tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if some one with a bit more knowhow can confirm what I'm thinking is either right or wrong. My thinking is....When each version of tsmedia is released it has working links, only for some isp to block such sites, and each time they do someone has to come up with a fix. If I have a vpn to a proxy that allows access to the streaming sites I can use the unmodified version of tsmedia. Will it work?