PDA

View Full Version : tv black screen

fintannl
27-01-14, 20:17
Having used the latest vix on vuduo for many years now, I can only say it is unparalleled. Yet I have this annoying issue. From time to time TV goes black for a few seconds then returns to normal. Initially I thought it might be my TV saying it was on its last legs. But this has now being ongoing for a couple of years and the TV still lives :p so I figure it must be the vix implementation of the HDMI standard or my TVs implementation of the HDMI standard that is causing the problem. Within av settings I have toggled between multi, 50hz and 60hz but still get these random few seconds of black screens. Has anyone any suggestion. Thanks

fintannl
27-01-14, 20:54
Small addition to this post. I have switched out the duo and switched in a dm800 loaded with openpli for a few days and the issue is not to be seen. This is why I'm convinced this is a vix HDMI issue. On a normal day the screen will go black for approx 3 seconds about 7 or 8 times. Its no major issue. Just would be nice if it was sorted. TV is a Philips 40pfl8605. I totally understand it is impossible to test receiver against every TV but I do think this is a vix HDMI implementation fault.

BubbleBalls
27-01-14, 21:20
Had the duo on a sony and Philips TV with no issues. It maybe a dodgy tuner - have you tried disabling one tuner at a time to see if it stops?

Tapatālker

fintannl
27-01-14, 21:31
Thanks for that. Have disabled tuner A so now running on tuner B. Await results with interest :p

fintannl
27-01-14, 22:06
Same problem on tuner b sadly :confused:

fintannl
27-01-14, 23:10
Now here's an interesting thing. Settled down tonight to watch tinker tailor soldier spy on film4 which is FTA. Not a blip all night. Now you may whinge that I should use cccam into an oscam manager but that is what I do. Simply take the point that cam manager in vix seems to be the issue. Thanks

Larry-G
28-01-14, 00:14
I have 9 receiver's. One runs oscam one runs Mgcam and the rest use CCcam and I never get any issues what so ever. I very much doubt the softcam manager is at fault here, its the same one andy created before he even created the ViX image. I could be wrong though so please provide us with logs from the incidents in question.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BubbleBalls
28-01-14, 07:56
Did you use the exact same cccam files on both boxes?

Tapatālker

Larry-G
28-01-14, 17:57
I always use CCcam 2.2.1 from the cams folder on www.openvix.co.uk and that works fine for me.

fintannl
28-01-14, 20:26
Was watching the chase on ITV (FTA channel) today and screen blacked again for a few seconds. So its not a can issue. Very strange.

satmanbasil
28-01-14, 22:41
hi mate

just throwing this into the pot for thought but how do you have your a/v settings set up the reason i ask is when the stb boots up at start you see the same effect on the splash logo screen as it sets up. and i recall my stb was doing much the same when zapping or watching a channel which use different screen ie 16.9 or 4.3 programming in the av settings there are alot more options to play with including how the tv behaves with sd and hd pictures ...worth a look at incase you need to tweek your settings

satmanbasil
28-01-14, 22:47
I have 9 receiver's. One runs oscam one runs Mgcam and the rest use CCcam and I never get any issues what so ever. I very much doubt the softcam manager is at fault here, its the same one andy created before he even created the ViX image. I could be wrong though so please provide us with logs from the incidents in question.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

any chance andy may revisit this cam manager and add measures to check CCcam is running as mine just freezes the screen and i have the reset low as 2 mins but even in that time it does not know its frozen, normally i end up having to restart the cam myself. no log is made when this happens so cannot report whats happened in cam manager.

fintannl
02-03-14, 19:38
identified as poor quality HDMI cable. once changed there has been no issue. thanks for all responses

cactikid
02-03-14, 21:36
i would never use a cheap hdmi cable with a vu as you want to get the best out of box.

Rob van der Does
04-03-14, 06:35
I'm only using HDMI-leads priced @ €2.99. Nothing wrong with them and surely no cable will interfere with getting the best of my boxes.

Rob van der Does
04-03-14, 06:38
no log is made when this happens so cannot report whats happened in cam manager.
Yes: this info is in the debuglogs. Of course that logging has to be activated first.