PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] software support

boysheff
27-01-14, 19:48
hi people

I've just ordered the solo2 from WOS should be hear in a day or 2 (hopefully), with vix image installed:).

when setting up for the first time, do I need to install boot loader etc even though I have asked for vix image to be install (or will this be already installed)? Or can I start to go through the setup guide on hear, without the need to install boot loader. as it says install boot loader etc etc...:confused:

also what is the best bouquet for 28.2e?
also what is best epg to use?
Can anyone recommend any plugin's that are useful to have?

Appreciate your support.

Larry-G
27-01-14, 19:51
no need to flash the bootloader as that would have already been done at the factory where it was manufactured, you only need to update the bootloader when a new one is released. as you asked for the receiver to be preflashed with ViX you wont need to flash any thing, when you power the receiver on for the first time you will be presented with the FIW or First Install Wizard.

if you have any other questions please do ask ( keeping within the rules of course ).

Larry-G
27-01-14, 19:52
EPG wise, for 28.2 east, the best EPG is already built into the image ( CrossEPG ). you can find a simple tutorial for this on www.openvix.co.uk in the guides and tutorials section.

boysheff
27-01-14, 19:57
cheers to you all.

fintannl
27-01-14, 20:26
Sorry to hijack this thread somewhat but have noticed of recent times that there are no updates to vu duo vix system. Version 808 is the last version available and is the one I have currently loaded. In the past I have indicated that box restarts when you go into av settings and simply right click on the 'display 4:3 content as'. Can anyone say when this might be fixed or is there no further support for the older duo. Thanks

Larry-G
27-01-14, 20:28
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35150-When-is-the-new&goto=newpost

fintannl
27-01-14, 20:30
Need to rephrase. Assumed you were telling me to post a separate thread when in fact you were redirecting to what's happening with vix. Good to see continued development. Great work ye guys. Many thanks and look forward to loading new build when available

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 07:17
Sorry to hijack this thread somewhat but have noticed of recent times that there are no updates to vu duo vix system. Version 808 is the last version available and is the one I have currently loaded. In the past I have indicated that box restarts when you go into av settings and simply right click on the 'display 4:3 content as'. Can anyone say when this might be fixed or is there no further support for the older duo. Thanks
This indicates that you did an online update in the past when you were supposed to flash the box instead.
Please flash your box to overcome this.