PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] When is the new VIX release?

matlacki
27-01-14, 18:41
Any hints guys when the next VIX image release will be available?

Larry-G
27-01-14, 18:46
It will be released when we feel the time is rite, sorry but we wont be drawn into making release dates.

girginoz
27-01-14, 19:36
It will be released when we feel the time is rite, sorry but we wont be drawn into making release dates.

Should we consider it a hint for something new? :)

Larry-G
27-01-14, 19:42
Should we consider it a hint for something new? :)

No, for the most part you should not notice any major difference other than a new bootscreen, the main difference is that we are now using a totally new, updated build environment ( OE-Alliance 2 ), built by and for the OE-Alliance with no reliance on Pli. Our enigma2 is still loosely based on pli.

girginoz
27-01-14, 21:06
No, for the most part you should not notice any major difference other than a new bootscreen, the main difference is that we are now using a totally new, updated build environment ( OE-Alliance 2 ), built by and for the OE-Alliance with no reliance on Pli. Our enigma2 is still loosely based on pli.

What i had in mind was something like openatv 4.0 thouhg its still a lot of noise with no result and it would be understandable to keep it a secret till its ripe

pooface
27-01-14, 21:13
What i had in mind was something like openatv 4.0 thouhg its still a lot of noise with no result and it would be understandable to keep it a secret till its ripe

And what big difference do you expect the openatv 4.0 to have?

Larry-G
27-01-14, 21:20
There is no secret, people were asking why no new releases in the past 6 weeks, so we told them because we are working through a series of very difficult updates in preparation for the new image. as for OpenATV 4.0, it uses the exact same new core as we do seeing as were both OE-Alliance based images.

girginoz
27-01-14, 21:26
And what big difference do you expect the openatv 4.0 to have?

Not more than a new year or a birthday celebration, just a hope of change:D

skippie
27-01-14, 22:10
Can the new vix 4.0 be compared with a car having an improved, more powerful engine ?

s1m0nw
27-01-14, 22:11
May I ask... what are the advantages of the new core compared to the old one??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

girginoz
27-01-14, 22:21
sorry, i was wrong again: openatv 4.0 beta images availbale now.

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 06:36
May I ask... what are the advantages of the new core compared to the old one??
Yes, you may :p

First of all: any new build will hold updates and fixes. That will also apply to the next ViX build-range.
Secondly: it's the build-environment that is undergoing a major updated. As a user you won't directly see such a 'change under the hood'. You can compare it (more or less) with updates on your Windows lappy: dozens of updates, but no changed functionality.
As such a change is very complicated, it takes us a while to release the next build (but that's no surprise: you noticed that already).

MarsArtis
12-02-14, 21:44
My question is:
which receivers will not receive the new 4.0 update?

Larry-G
12-02-14, 22:43
All the receivers we currently support in ViX 3.0 will be supported in the next image and more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

seame
13-02-14, 09:02
Any plans to support the dmm range?

Rob van der Does
13-02-14, 10:39
Any plans to support the dmm range?
Absolutely not.
First of all, non of us has any affection with DM-hardware.
But more important: since DM went closed source, supporting them is virtually impossible.

seame
13-02-14, 21:27
I heard they were thinking of going closed source but didn't realise they already had. I don't see the point in that, surely it's only going to lose them customers.

Rob van der Does
13-02-14, 21:30
They went closed quite some time ago; shortly after they lost their court case against VU+.

The result of that is that all team s still supporting DM in fact only add one or more plugins (and a skin) to DM's own image. Not much needed for that, and not much fun either.

bellejt
13-02-14, 21:42
hope this is the right tread to ask : would it be possible to implement channel numbers (placed before the picons) in the EPG list ? Now we have to scroll trough the list instead of directly going to a channel.

Larry-G
13-02-14, 21:45
hope this is the right tread to ask : would it be possible to implement channel numbers (placed before the picons) in the EPG list ? Now we have to scroll trough the list instead of directly going to a channel.

Try using ABM this creates a full sky uk bouquet accurate to your local region and uses sky's own channel numbering system.

bellejt
13-02-14, 22:00
local region is Belgium with canal digitaal NL and BBC + german channels. No sky.

pac2000
14-02-14, 01:25
Will The Linux Kernel Version Change???

Larry-G
14-02-14, 01:32
depends what box ?, if your talking about the Vu+'s then no, but you will need to do a full reflash when its released.

Trial
14-02-14, 09:02
Hi,

The result of that is that all team s still supporting DM in fact only add one or more plugins (and a skin) to DM's own image. Not much needed for that, and not much fun either.
they can do a bit more they can also change the python part but the C(++) parts are closed.

ciao

Alanp
14-02-14, 10:09
depends what box ?, if your talking about the Vu+'s then no, but you will need to do a full reflash when its released.

Will we be able to use backed up settings or do we need to do a full fresh install thanks

Larry-G
14-02-14, 10:11
no, a full reflash, no backups will work, we coded it to refuse backups from vix 3.0.

skippie
14-02-14, 16:34
so I can't use my own settings anymore. :'(

sent from Pipo M9 Pro

Larry-G
14-02-14, 16:37
you can use your own bouquets but not a settings / plugins backup from a previous image, unless you really want a load of problems.

girginoz
14-02-14, 17:45
i am using openatv 4.0 beta and it has my tr translation i made for vix.
also changelogs are openvix.
is it a collective work?

Rob van der Does
14-02-14, 18:11
Open ATV is a member of the OE-alliance. If I'm not mistaken they use ViX as basis for their image.

judge
14-02-14, 18:28
so I can't use my own settings anymore. :'(

As pheonix says, you can easily use your own channel lists/bouquets, just use something like DreamBoxEdit to back them up.
You could also back up your cams, cam configs, timers, auto-timers...

And restore those on a fresh flash of the next build.

Larry-G
14-02-14, 18:36
all oe-alliance teams use the OE-Alliance as the base for their images including vix.

girginoz
14-02-14, 19:13
Open ATV is a member of the OE-alliance. If I'm not mistaken they use ViX as basis for their image.

all oe-alliance teams use the OE-Alliance as the base for their images including vix.

Thanks
as a vix enthusiast seems ill have to wait a little more