PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Setting up WLAN for VIX on a Vu Uno

amar786
27-01-14, 00:24
Hi

I have a Vu Uno. I am trying to get my box two work with a VIX image and WLAN. I have flashed the box with the VIX imange (tried oler versions as well) but the WIFI dongle is not being picked up.

I am not able to connect to a LAN to download any other drivers.

I know the dongle works as I can get it set up with the OpnePli image. Have to flash restart and WLAN option comes up. Straight out the box! The WLAN driver appears to be rt2800usb?

I want to use the VIX image but this WLAN issue has been driving me mad.

I have followed the Openvix.co.uk guide on how to set up WLAN but had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Its so simple on the OpenPli but I want the VIX image.

Is it possible to install the drivers from a usb stick? If so how? Should the VIX image recognise the dongle if the PLi does?

Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your help in advance.

abu baniaz
27-01-14, 07:28
The drivers were stripped from image owing to there being too many of them. Not all receivers on same kernel.

You can install ipk by USB. Hopefully someone will upload ipk for you

amar786
27-01-14, 14:16
Thanks for that. Can anyone tell me know to install from USB? I have had a search on here but not come across anything.

The ipk file for the driver would be great if anyone has it.

amar786
27-01-14, 20:40
HELP!!!

Can find anything under rt2800usb. Can you tell me if this is known by another name and if it can be downloaded on here?

^^COMPASS^^
28-01-14, 09:10
Here are the Drivers You have requested for your VUUNO

they were obtained from the VIX feeds

Using the following command on my VUUNO
opkg download enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rt2800

http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuuno/all/enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rt2800_1.0-r1_all.ipk

Unzip and place enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rt2800_1.0-r1_all.ipk onto a usb stick pop the stick your uno and follow onscreen instructions

amar786
28-01-14, 21:19
Hi Compass,

Installed the ipk, restarted the box with the wifi dongle in but still not getting the wlan. :mad: It just shows lan. Any ideas?

Do you know of a VIX image which has the wlan driver already loaded?

Cant understand why this is such a pain when everything else work so well on the VIX.

Many thanks

amar786
28-01-14, 22:48
Well f*ck me. Just tried the VIX 2.4 build 165 probably available on here (link below to satpimps) is it works with the WLAN without any downloads or anything needed like the Pli image

Thank for your help guys.

abu baniaz
28-01-14, 23:03
Vix 2.4 is old and unsupported. Looks like the last 3.0 image will be 808.

Check what details it shows for the wifi receiver. I know it is a pain, but you would be better off taking receiver to a place where you can connect an ethernet cable and download the wifi drivers for your receiver.

Larry-G
28-01-14, 23:32
Well f*ck me. Just tried the VIX 2.4 build 165 probably available on here (link below to satpimps) is it works with the WLAN without any downloads or anything needed like the Pli image

Thank for your help guys.

Please dont post links to other forums as in accordance with the site rules. As for ViX 2.4 that is a old and discontinued build, we can no longet provide support for it, as we deleted the sources for it a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

amar786
28-01-14, 23:41
Thanks Abu,

The wifi connected just fine, are the more recent builds of the 2.4 available anymore?

Got connected to the plugins connection :thumbsup: but dont see autoboutique on there. Does this mean the 2.4 has different listing for its plugins the the 3.0? I tough the plugins just connect to a same server no matter which version of vix you use?

Kind regards

amar786
28-01-14, 23:43
Sorry pheonix, think I got carried away in the excitement of getting the wlan working :rolleyes: point taken.

Larry-G
28-01-14, 23:59
Thanks Abu,

The wifi connected just fine, are the more recent builds of the 2.4 available anymore?

Got connected to the plugins connection :thumbsup: but dont see autoboutique on there. Does this mean the 2.4 has different listing for its plugins the the 3.0? I tough the plugins just connect to a same server no matter which version of vix you use?

Kind regards

Most of the ViX 2.xx series images should still connect to the feeds just fine but they were built with a different architecture to the current 3.0 image and the upcoming successor to vix 3.0. we can no longer provide support as we no longer have the base code ( we deleted the build servers etc ), as for using plugins like ABM on such a old image, i very much doubt they would work as those older images dont contain the necessary code and fixes for such plugins to run.

amar786
29-01-14, 00:11
So back to square one. :confused:

When the new VIX image is created, can you make sure it has the rt2800usb driver on it please :D

Love the VIX image but this is driving me crazy.

manikm
29-01-14, 00:16
if VIX are unable to support you on later builds (seems backwards to me - "it was working on old images, but sorry it cant\wont work on new images" type philopsophy) - the other way to do it is to use ethernet over the mains (using those plugin adapters) - or buy a cheap ethernet bridge, the bridge connects to your wifi and then using a cat5 cable plugs from the bridge into your receiver.

judge
29-01-14, 00:23
if VIX are unable to support you on later builds (seems backwards to me - "it was working on old images, but sorry it cant\wont work on new images" type philopsophy)

Not backwards, just not including every possible driver that 1 user might need when most others don't, bogging down the image & causing other issues with unneeded drivers.

If you're using an external USB WLAN, better to connect the box hardwired & download the required drivers for that stick first.

Larry-G
29-01-14, 00:35
if VIX are unable to support you on later builds (seems backwards to me - "it was working on old images, but sorry it cant\wont work on new images" type philopsophy) - the other way to do it is to use ethernet over the mains (using those plugin adapters) - or buy a cheap ethernet bridge, the bridge connects to your wifi and then using a cat5 cable plugs from the bridge into your receiver.

We cant keep every single old build supported just incase some one may want to use it, we have neither the man power for this or the financial backing required to maintain multiple servers for the many terabytes of data every image requires, so we have to decide how long we can offer support for a particular build.

also as judge says we removed the Wlan drivers because they were causing too many issues, they are all still available via the image feeds, you just need to connect to a hard wired connection long enough o download the ones you require.

manikm
29-01-14, 00:36
maybe its just that that one person could be bothered to post, many others could be suffering in silence cos they dont understand how to take their problem forward.

its like the audio sync missing thread "not many people use it etc etc" - how do you know that?

maybe you should do a poll to see what people think is important in an image.

Larry-G
29-01-14, 00:41
maybe its just that that one person could be bothered to post, many others could be suffering in silence cos they dont understand how to take their problem forward.

its like the audio sync missing thread "not many people use it etc etc" - how do you know that?

we have to decide on what to include and what to remove from the image on a daily basis, There many factors to consider for both and at the end of the day this is not a democracy, just be thankful we decided to keep that plugin in the feeds for those who may want to use it, we could have abandoned all support for it all together if we had wanted to.

judge
29-01-14, 00:46

We've tried something like that & it just goes way too off topic...

Drivers that aren't needed by a box probably shouldn't be included, drivers that are needed by external additions are better off included in the image feeds.

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 01:15
@Amar786
I am guessing your TV is some distance away from router hence why you cannot connect a network cable to the receiver. If so, I hope you are aware that you can bring the receiver to the router and connect ethernet cable. Switch it on without a satellite feed and also not connected to TV.

Q. How do you see what is on the screen?
A. Use the web interface and you can have use the webif remote too. You will have to log in to your router and check receivers assigned IP first.

amar786
29-01-14, 19:29
Hi Abu,

Yes the box and sat are far away from router and TV fixed to wall. Just gone out and got a Ethernet cable (hope its long enough). Wish I had seen your post.

Going to connect to download the driver to the wlan.

Anyone able to tell me how? Is it under plugin downloads.

Many thanks

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 19:38
Is it under plugin downloads.

Yes it is.