PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Sound lost at random

seame
27-01-14, 00:02
About 2 weeks ago I lost audio while watching tv and had to restart the box to get it back. I thought nothing of it at the time as there was bad weather and the snr was bouncing about like mad. This has now happened 7 or 8 times and I have had the box in debug waiting for it to happen, which it just has, although the debug file is only 20.0kb so maybe I should have saved it before rebooting the box.

The debug log is attached. If I didn't catch the problem let me know and I'll try again.

seame
27-01-14, 01:24
The sound has gone again heres the debug log before restarting the box

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 09:08
Is this only when the box comes out of standby? If so, zapping up/down should fix it.

seame
27-01-14, 11:07
Each time this has happened the box has been running for a few hours. I've tried channel zapping, changing audio and restarting enigma but the only thing that works is a full restart.

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 12:20
There is a plugin on the feeds, named 'audio restart' (or so). You could give it a try.

seame
27-01-14, 12:24
Thanks Rob I'll give it a go. Is there anything in the debug log that suggests why this might be happening?

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 13:08
Not as far as I can see.

seame
27-01-14, 14:00
I'm thinking that it may be one of the tuners so I have disabled tuner A and so far so good. I'll keep testing and monitoring the situation.

seame
31-01-14, 10:38
I've been testing this over the last few days and discovered that the sound is lost when theres high winds and the tuner that is in use is connected to my motor.

Is there a way of setting the preferred tuner? I remember being able to do this before but can't find the option to do so now.

Rob van der Does
31-01-14, 10:42
In 'Customise'.

seame
31-01-14, 10:50
Cheers Rob. I tried the audio restart plugin you suggested but it doesn't work I still need to reboot the box.