PDA

View Full Version : Tuner configuration question

terryjd
26-01-14, 19:34
I have a Duo2 with the second double tuner card in the second slot.

I have a motorised system and have put two of the feeds to tuners A & B. My fixed dish pointing at Astra 28.2 I have put into C. So three actual feeds.

I have set up the config as:

A = USALS
B = Second cable of motorised LNB tuner A
C = Advanced. I have selected 28.2 as the satellite, do I then leave it at that, or do I need to tell it that the LNB is LNB1?
D = Equal to Tuner A (wishful thinking?)

Have I understood the concept correctly please?

Thanks in advance.

Stanman
26-01-14, 19:46
C needs to be
Simple
Single
28.2E

Personally not much cop but would put motor on C

terryjd
26-01-14, 19:57
Thanks.

I hadn't gone to that second line under the simple setting. I have hooked this one up to use for 28.2 recordings and watching when the gales are about as the motorised feeds can shake a little.

The colour LCD shows which feed I am using at the time? How do I change this, is it a case of select a bouquet that isn't on C and select it to change away?

I also may wish to set the timers up on this feed, is this a setting that can be made the default, or do I have to make the fixed dish feed A?

Thanks again for the prompt response.

abu baniaz
27-01-14, 23:35
The image decides which tuner to use. Bouquets do not specify which tuner to use. The image will use a tuner that can receive the satellite in the bouquet.

The suggestion was to have two feeds from the 28.2 dish, and 1 from the motorised one.

terryjd
28-01-14, 09:08
Thanks, the image appears to be using C mainly (which is the fixed dish) which is fine at the moment. Does it default to A? If so, I may look at putting the fixed onto A to avoid the wind problems.

I will probably run a second feed from the fixed dish so that I have two from the motor and two from the fixed. I have a quad LNB on both so I can bring in and combination of four if necessary.

Thanks again.

abu baniaz
28-01-14, 16:44
If on auto, it uses the tuner with the fewest available satellites. I.E leaves you more options available.

terryjd
29-01-14, 00:00
That makes good sense Abu, and I can work with that. Where is the "auto" setting located?

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 00:08
It is the default setting for tuner priority. If you don't know where it is, then you would not have changed it.

For reference purposes:
Menu > Setup > Sytem > Customise > Preferred Tuner

EDIT:
Diagram of suggested setup for you (if main usage is on fixed dish)

terryjd
29-01-14, 00:21
That made me smile. Indeed you are correct, I had not ventured into that setting, but I have now.

My previous box was a Solo2, but I set that up a while ago and after the initial root around the menus I left it alone and enjoyed it. With the Duo2 I am getting used to some of the extra features including the LCD settings.

Once again, I appreciate your time and assistance Abu.

Regards - Terry

abu baniaz
29-01-14, 00:40
Just re-read post 5. If you have a total of 3 tuners, then not worth running another cable unless you buy another twin tuner. An option for you to consider

terryjd
31-01-14, 00:03
I have 2 x dual tuners Abu.

It is working well at the moment thanks to your's and Stanman's assistance.

Now I need to get to grips with LCD4Linux...

Regards - Terry