PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix image wont boot up after an accident with Filezilla

gbok
26-01-14, 17:06
I was transferring a film to my box via filezilla. Somehow i managed to move the /tmp map by accident (mutton fingers on my laptop).
Filezilla aint reacting at the moment and the box went down and doesnt boot up fully into the image.(bootloop).
I made an image back up today.
Is it possible to restore the image from outside the box (filezilla or another program)?
Is the only option left to flash the vix image and start agan from scratch?
Ill try and find a log file if i can get in the box with filezilla.
Help! :alien:
Cheers Dennis

pooface
26-01-14, 17:29
If you can get in via file zilla, then ftp to wherever the backup was made, and transfer it to your computer. Then flash it like any other image... otherwise, flash a blank image,ftp in, download the backup and then flash again with the backup...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

gbok
26-01-14, 18:36
Thanx for the quick help.
Filezilla doesnt get into the box.
Not quite sure how i prepare a "blank" image.
Would a full image also be ok and then replace the image back up from the vix settings??
Cheers Dennis

pooface
26-01-14, 18:53
I meant by blank image, to download the image from openvix (or use the image you downloaded before if you want), and then reflash from the image backups...

BTW, now that I am at a computer (rather than on tapatalk), image build number is not 3!!! 3 is the image version, the build would be the number shown where it says above!!!

gbok
26-01-14, 20:10
Cheers again for the quick reply.
I downloaded and flashed the Vix image(3.0.808). My original image was pre-installed.
Got an option to reload one of my backups. Worked great. Kept most of my configurations. I had to re-install a couple of plugins.
Life saver :)
Ill be more careful using the ftp in future :alien:
Sorry about the wrong info by the first post. I put in the full 3.0.808 into the information box. It edited the info to 3. I know the next time to leave the image version out.
Thanx again
Dennis

stevejd2001
31-01-14, 00:11
Cheers again for the quick reply.
I downloaded and flashed the Vix image(3.0.808). My original image was pre-installed.
Got an option to reload one of my backups. Worked great. Kept most of my configurations. I had to re-install a couple of plugins.
Life saver :)
Ill be more careful using the ftp in future :alien:
Sorry about the wrong info by the first post. I put in the full 3.0.808 into the information box. It edited the info to 3. I know the next time to leave the image version out.
Thanx again
Dennis
>>>goto
>>>setup
>>>vix
>>>backup manger

and create a backup ---this backs up your plugins and settings should you need to reflash