PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG showing EPG from other channel - EPG wrong channel info

juanca2000
26-01-14, 11:50
Hello All,

I am trying to use EPG information to plan records and autotimers for series but I realised that some of my most used channels have the EPG information from another channel.
I am using rytec spain and France and importing with Xmltv importer. The information is also wrong if I use Crossepg downloader.

Is there a way to align channels and epg information?

Thanks a lot for your help.

PS: I am a brand new to this and therefore not very skilled

(I have also tried other builds but came back to 790 for the transcoding/streaming function to android.

craig37
27-01-14, 10:52
Run auto bouquet maker first and then run your epg. I prefer cross epg, but that's just my preference.

juanca2000
27-01-14, 21:54
Thanks. I have tried but no changes. Probably because there is no provider for Spain TV. I still have the same channels with the same wrong EPG information.

May be I should delete all channels first but I did not fing how to do it.. but may be this is not the way to correct either.

Any other suggestions? Nobody has the same issue like S.y.F.y HD for example, (SpainTV)/ EPG is from a sport channel.
Thanks a lot

craig37
28-01-14, 15:54

What satellite are you using ? My understanding is that epg info comes from the satellite which normally on Sky updates around 5am ish ?
I've attached the cross epg setup file.

juanca2000
28-01-14, 22:24
Hello
I have a motor so using more than one satellite, but mainly 19.2. The next 2 broadcasts are directly coming from the channel itself but the long term EPG info is coming from rytec provider. You can have it with xmltv import or cross epg.
I am just using xmltv import as titles in EPG are less precise which allows to use autotimers more easily. With cross epg sometimes the episode number is included in the title, then it will failed to record all episodes.
but before I can use those fancy autotimers I need to have the correct information displayed in EPG which is not the case.
May be I should delete all channels first but I don't know how you delete all previous scans of channels.

Who knows how to fix align EPG and broadcasted channel?
Thanks a lot

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 07:13

What satellite are you using ? My understanding is that epg info comes from the satellite which normally on Sky updates around 5am ish ?
I've attached the cross epg setup file.
If you're referring to Open-TV in Cross (for 28.2E & 13E): that reads data directly from the transponder. That data is provided by the service provider and kept very well up-to-date.

If you're referring to the other imports in Cross: they are being updated once a day. Importing them after say 07.00 GMT should provide you the latest version.

juanca2000
29-01-14, 22:11
The information available is perfectly fine for me. I have several days of epg. The issue is still that some channels (10% +/-) have wrong EPG info, coming from another channel. They don't match.

I would like to fix it so that it is perfectly aligned. I am not using UK channel but Spain or French ones on 19.2

Rob van der Does
30-01-14, 05:40
The information available is perfectly fine for me. I have several days of epg. The issue is still that some channels (10% +/-) have wrong EPG info, coming from another channel. They don't match.

I would like to fix it so that it is perfectly aligned. I am not using UK channel but Spain or French ones on 19.2

So you're using the XMLTV importer? Best report issues (including the service reference) to Rytec then.

juanca2000
31-01-14, 00:08
Hello
You mean Rytec is not part of this forum? I thought it was related to the VIX image. As said I am really new to this...
Any suggestion on how to report this to Rytec EPG....

And complementary question.. Is someone here using 19-2E for Spain and French channels who has found another way to have a correct EPG info for them?
Thanks a lot

Rob van der Does
31-01-14, 09:02
Rytec is the one who grabs EPG-data and provides it via the XMLTV-importer. See

http://www.rytec.be