PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Channel problems, tuner setup

weirskynet
26-01-14, 08:28
Hi folks I'm wondering if someone can help me , I'm using the solo2 box with the latest vix image and have it tuned to the sky uk 28.2 with both tuners

I'm able to watch one and record another fine but a problem I'm finding is that some of the channels come up saying tune failed

Clubland tv
Pop hits
Capital fm
Heat

Box office , I don't normally get box office but I can get events , I have tried tuning to the channels but all come up saying tune failed or black screen ,

I have tried my cable back in an old sky box and the cable works fine and locks and the channels above are shown , but back in the solo2 it doesn't,t

The only thing I have tried is downloading different settings from the plugin menu and that brought back the music channels but still nothing on the box office Side.

I'm no sure how to sort this or what else to try or what to have the tuner setup as for best results never had these issues on me old dm800hd but it's frustrating the now

Can anyone help!

Larry-G
26-01-14, 08:40
Try setting up ABM to scan the channels in, you can find a basic tutorial for this on www.openvix.co.uk in the guides and tutorials section.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 09:51
Thanks for the reply , yeah i was using that before as had it setup for the scottish sky london sky and sky ire

but again no change these channels come up tune failed

but when i go into the plugins menu and install the setings , catseyes 28.2, the channels show up but again no box office ones , is their a different way to setup the tuner ? just the standard sky uk dish with quad lnb as have 2 inputs in house and a single cable going to bedroom

Larry-G
26-01-14, 09:54
so you only have a single feed going to the solo2 ?.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 10:02
if by single feed you mean one cable then no their is 2 cables going to it as i can record one and watch another fine ? is that what you meant

Larry-G
26-01-14, 10:20
yes thats what i meant, it sounds like you just need to get a upto date channel list which is why i recommended ABM as it's what i use to generate a new sky uk channel list on a daily basis for my receivers and it very rarely fails if ever.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 10:46
ok have done the abm and still have this issue with the channels no sure what else to try here

Larry-G
26-01-14, 10:50
is it only the channels as listed above ?, be aware that if a channel only broadcasts at certain times you will get a error message when trying to view it at all other times. also have you checked in the ALL CHANNELS lists to see if a working version is there ?.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 11:09
yeah never worked under all channels but strangely when i wenrt to manual scan and input the freq and done it it added the channels then they worked , going to do same with box office ones

any idea why that happens,

how should i have the tuner setup to scan and tune for both inputs , simple/expert ?

Larry-G
26-01-14, 11:16
If there coming through a fixed dish then set both tuners to

simple
single
28.2E
no.

as for whats going wrong for you, sorry i have no idea.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 11:26
would a possible solution be to use the manual scan for the preset satellite and network scan for tuner a then do same again to scan tuner b ?

Larry-G
26-01-14, 11:28
There is no need to scan both tuners, the database is held in the receivers memory not the tuners, as for scanning them in ABM gets it's data directly from the satellite stream so it should be accurate it is on mine.

weirskynet
26-01-14, 13:12
still no idea trying another image to see if any difference :(

weirskynet
26-01-14, 13:54
see if i go thru tuner setup then select tuner b to be equal to tuner a
then do a manual scan on tuner a on the predefined satellite , would i still have same channels

weirskynet
26-01-14, 16:42
Does anyone have any other issues with this

i can get the channels to show up on a original sky box , just wondering if its the tuner if its sensitive and how to sort / fix this issue

cyprusdunc
16-05-14, 13:24
I have the same problem as posted here.I have found that by making tuner B unavailable I was then able to rescan the channels in,I have a multi sat set up and so have come to the opinion that tuner B is definitely faulty,at least its unpluggable.

rborhara
18-05-14, 12:02
i only have an issue when using timed recordings, i get no free tuner, when just one channel is recording - reboot fixes it