PDA

View Full Version : help on frustrating matter

Jazboomis
25-01-14, 11:43
Morning All,
I am relatively new to all this sat stuff, but so far I have not had too many problems, that I couldn't sort myself, until yesterday. Now its frustrating me.

I have a TM twin oe receiver with a twin LNB

I set everything up myself, and was working fine, but yesterday I changed from OpenPLi to OpenViX platforms as someone suggested it, so I did just that, with no problems.

I had to re configure everything, but I could not remember what was what, as in Tuner Configuration, at 1st there was no problem and when I did a new channel search, it came up with triple the amount of channels, over 900, which was great. I left it and went out.

On my return, I switched the box on and only a few channel were viewable, BBC ITV etc etc, all the sky channels were black screened, now this has happened a few time in the last few weeks, so I assume this is a reception problem??

Then here is were the problems have started, I have noticed that the signal strength can drop from 85 to 65% and back and forth at certain times. When my sky channels black out yesterday, I played around with the settings(tuner configs etc etc) then I did another channel search, after this I had NO sky channels at all, just terrestrial channels BBC ITV, I have tried again this morning with a better signal and still only finds the same limited channels.

So please can someone help with the right tuner configurations for how to set up tuners A and B,

Do you set Tuner B with options, SAME AS, or LOOP THROUGH, or individual????

Channel search tips???

Any help will be most appreciated and sorry for the long winded post

Jason

Stanman
25-01-14, 11:49
Each tuner has its own cable? If so its
Single
Simple
28.2e

As for the blavk channels on sky, have you set up your sky card?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Jazboomis
25-01-14, 12:24
Each tuner has its own cable? If so its
Single
Simple
28.2e

As for the blavk channels on sky, have you set up your sky card?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have had everything running no problem, I think I have a reception problem, I may have a tree slightly in line of the dish, that has no leaves on at the mo. The signal some times drops, it has happened from time to time, then they come back.

I will try your suggestions

Would tuners not set up right, effect what channels I get find????

skronk
25-01-14, 14:10
Do you set Tuner B with options, SAME AS, or LOOP THROUGH, or individual????

Same as works for me.