PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Quad opinions

Johev
24-01-14, 23:22
Dear members,

I have just recommended Gigablue Quad as it was cheaper than Solo2 to a friend.

The specifications look good on paper, however after reading more I am a little bit worried now.

I would like to know if you think that this receiver is a good buy and if it performs well.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

PS: Would you recommend another mid range twin DVB-S2 receiver to someone?

seame
24-01-14, 23:27
I used to change boxes frequently until I bought a quad over a year ago and I've no intentions of changing it anytime soon. IMO they're a brilliant box.

skippie
25-01-14, 00:26
The best sat receiver i've ever had : fast, reliable and often driver updates.
Top of the bill-receiver.

Trial
25-01-14, 10:08
Hi,
there will be a Quad+ in March so perhaps wait a bit.

ciao

Johev
25-01-14, 20:25
Thank you all for your replies. It looks good on paper, however the constant driver updates are due to having terrible drivers to start with.

I still hope that transcoding will be possible, however given the fact that their were not able to enable the gigabit ethernet I am not holding my breath for it.

The price difference compared to solo2 is 60 EUR, do you still think that it is worth having over the solo2?

Many thanks for your input.

Trial
25-01-14, 20:28
Hi,
transcoding and finally GBit should come with the Quad+.

ciao

margy82
25-01-14, 20:43
Go to solo2 leave quad there, no good driver support by them, many bugs to fix from too much time.

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk

skippie
25-01-14, 21:11
I haven't got any problems at all, and more driver updates than vu.
If I would choose a box again, it would be the quad again.

sent from Pipo M9 Pro

margy82
25-01-14, 21:46
More drivers updates maybe becouse they has more fixes to do you know....I repeat, quad has too much driver bugs, talk about dts problems or broken recordings or pink screen on same tv or tp or DVB-T usb not working.....more and more other bugs....then...if you only watch tv and sometimes make some record ok it's work but please not compare it with solo 2 it is not a good idea.

Thanks

skippie
25-01-14, 21:52
lol have you ever tried a quad ? I doubt it, you wouldn't talk like this otherwise.

margy82
25-01-14, 21:56
I actually have a quad and also a solo2, trust me I know what I say...perfectly.....

margy82
25-01-14, 22:00
ah what about transcoding? Can you say it works on gb quad like on solo 2? I think not.....and what about gigabit lan? Come on guys....

skippie
25-01-14, 22:01
then why did you buy the quad if you don't like it :

Extra on quad : double Flash mem of vu+ solo2 512 instead of 256 / 4 tuners instead of 2 / colour lcd screen /it is at least £80 cheaper than solo2 /
Extra on solo2 : transcoding

I don't need gigabyte Lan as i have a 120 gb fibre optic internet, which i enjoy fully with the lan cable which is better for streaming.

I don't need transcoding either btw. Main thing for me is sat tv and streaming and the quad performs excellent in both ways, and i got no problems at all recording btw, 8 HD channels at the same time and all recorded perfectly.

margy82
25-01-14, 22:15
Ok you are right I don't want to create a flame so....if you are sure about what you are saying ok no problem at all

Thamks

seame
25-01-14, 22:19
Transcoding is only useful if it works correctly, low resolution isn't ideal

BubbleBalls
25-01-14, 22:35
Johev, I advised a box to a mate, tm2t, and it turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. They got the basics wrong. I have a Quad for over a year and am in the process of buying another. I would recommend it to anyone BUT I would need to be certain of their needs. For most new users the Quad would be more than capable and it's speed would go unnoticed/unappreciated. The price, now, competes directly with twin tuner, lower spec'ed boxes. There are niggles but for price/spec it is great. More + than -
Edit . Potential batch issue
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=34556

Tapatālker