PDA

View Full Version : LCD goes blank after a few hours

sherry
24-01-14, 08:35
Hi Guys.

I have had my VU+ DUO2 for a few days and the LCD goes blank after a few hours and the only way to get it back is to do a restart.

I have looked through all the settings but i could not see what will cause this.

Any help would be great

Cheers.

nandeise
28-03-14, 16:25
I have exactly the same problem - Duo2 with latest Zeus. Help much appreciated.

marty
28-03-14, 17:12
Mine ls perfect. Try a fresh install.

chaser
28-03-14, 19:25
If you use timeshift this can cause the LCD screen to disappear. By default, pressing the rewind button '<<' twice will cause the LCD to switch screens. Repeating these key presses will bring the screen back. You can change this behaviour (or switch it off) in the LCD4Linux settings.

sherry
27-04-14, 11:51
I have exactly the same problem - Duo2 with latest Zeus. Help much appreciated.

I got this reply on another post i put up.

"LCD4Linux controls the display and there is an option for double pressed keys. Disable this option and take a look what happens.

With a double pressed key the display can be turned on/off and with another one it can be switched to the next screen."

I have just done it so dont know if it has sorted it yet but worth a try :O)

sherry
03-05-14, 09:49
I can now confirm the above method has worked perfect. Thank you!!!

Walt
03-05-14, 10:11
I thought exactly the same thing when I got mine. Not worked out how to stop it happening yet as have changed the move to next screen setting in LCD4Linux and it still happens but slowing your button presses when rewinding or just selecting a faster rewind speed as default will stop it happening as much. A small annoyance to an otherwise incredible receiver.

chaser
03-05-14, 10:33
I thought exactly the same thing when I got mine. Not worked out how to stop it happening yet as have changed the move to next screen setting in LCD4Linux and it still happens but slowing your button presses when rewinding or just selecting a faster rewind speed as default will stop it happening as much. A small annoyance to an otherwise incredible receiver.in the LCD4linux settings scroll down to the third page and change the 'Key for Screen Change' and 'Key for Screen On/Off' to Off.

nsw9154
11-07-14, 21:24
I have been having this same problem did a search and found this thread :thumbsup: I have also turned the screen change to off I hope it works

nsw9154
28-07-14, 10:46
every now and then the screen still goes blank even though I have the - key for screen change turned off :confused: any ideas any one

just realised it happens when I press the rewind button twice as is stated in a earlier post and pressing rewind another twice brings it back on :rolleyes: but I can live with that :D