PDA

View Full Version : Does the VU+ App work at all?

user68
23-01-14, 10:40
I'm sure I was once able to stream from the Solo2 using the VU+ App on Android. I just tried it and cannot get it to work. I'm using VIX 808 with 12-12-13 drivers. Does the app work with an earlier build of VIX or older drivers? Perhaps even with a different image? Is there any way to stream through the VU+ App to either internal or external network, transcoded or not?

garyblas
23-01-14, 11:13
Works fine on my duo on home network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

user68
23-01-14, 11:23
Thanks garyblas, what image are you using? I can connect to the receiver on my home network and zap channels but when I click stream on an Sd channel I get "Unknown Media-error...." and it says the receiver cannot decode its contents or there is a problem with the streaming process.

UPDATE: have just found that movies stream OK in VPlayer. Channels wont stream at all.

Trial
23-01-14, 12:23
Hi,
did you use transcoding? I think there is a problem at the moment. Without transcoding it should work.

ciao

Jawid
23-01-14, 12:39
You could try using xbmc as a front end with the vu+ pvr addon.
Works better for me than the app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

user68
23-01-14, 12:50
Thanks Trial, do you mean there's a problem at the moment with transcoding in VIX or a problem with transcoding on the Solo2 / all images?

Your suggestion to untick Enable transcoding in the app working. I can now stream SD and HD channels on the local network. :)

Do you know if the Duo2 has the same problems with transcoding not working?

Thanks

Hi,
did you use transcoding? I think there is a problem at the moment. Without transcoding it should work.

ciao

Trial
23-01-14, 12:52
Hi,
I use transcoding very seldom so I do not know but I read other threads with a similar topic.

What I know is that transcoding over all on the Duo2 is better then on the Solo2. On Duo2 you can also set the image size of the transcoded stream for instance.

ciao

joysleep1
26-01-14, 01:34
I'm having the same problem with my solo 2. Using the vu app I can stream channels but it's very choppy and it struggles on my s4. It plays OK on my tablet. When I click on enable transcoding. It doesn't work anymore. Any fix for this?

user68
27-01-14, 14:08
It's still not clear to me whether this is a VU+/Solo2 issue or a VIX issue. I'm going to test it in Black Hole 2.0.8.1 later and will let you know if transcoding to the VU+ app works in BH.

user68
27-01-14, 17:17
I tried it with BH 2.0.8.1 and got the same result. Could not stream transcoded channels through the VU+ app. I guess it's a general problem, not an image specific one. :rolleyes:

joysleep1
27-01-14, 21:40
So would transcoding stop the glitching you get when streaming from your device?

user68
27-01-14, 22:02
I believe it would if it worked and would allow me to use the VU+ app remotely, from outside my LAN

burden010
29-01-14, 10:37
From reading another thread elsewhere, that for some reason I cannot find right now, transcoding is broken because of the drivers in the latest builds. The team are working on a fix for the next build so it's just a waiting game unfortunately.

Streaming still works fine on SD channels without transcoding so will just need to put up with that for now.

user68
29-01-14, 10:40
Thanks for the update burden010. When you say streaming still works fine on SD without transcoding, do you mean both inside network and remotely over internet? I've not been able to get SD to stream remotely.

burden010
29-01-14, 11:09
Yes, I can stream SD channels remotely. You need to make sure you have ports 80 and 8001 open externally (these are the defaults, you may have changed them in your config). Make sure you have transcoding off in your Vu+ app receiver profile and also make sure "Enable Remote Streaming" is ticked.

user68
29-01-14, 11:49
Thanks burden010. I've now got it working remotely. It's very choppy and not really watchable but I put that down to my 0.7 Mbps upload speed. No fibre in our area :violin:

vuesolo
29-01-14, 13:05
Yes, I can stream SD channels remotely. You need to make sure you have ports 80 and 8001 open externally (these are the defaults, you may have changed them in your config). Make sure you have transcoding off in your Vu+ app receiver profile and also make sure "Enable Remote Streaming" is ticked.

Does the iphone version of the app have the 'Transcoding' & 'Enable Remote Streaming options'? as i cannot see them on the app.

burden010
29-01-14, 13:07
Sorry I can't comment on the iPhone app as I don't have an iPhone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tkr001
29-01-14, 23:48
Thanks burden010. I've now got it working remotely. It's very choppy and not really watchable but I put that down to my 0.7 Mbps upload speed. No fibre in our area :violin:
Do you have VDSL available? I don't have fibre either but get 10mbps upload on VDSL which is fine for streaming SD over the WAN.

jonnyflash
31-01-14, 15:47
What sort of upload speed would be minimum for remote streaming for both transcoding and normal SD?

stevejd2001
31-01-14, 19:23
all works perfect if you use earlier build on solo2 ------flash with vix 3.0.753
have dreamdroid and vu player working on phones on 3g flawlessly

FYI i only have 1mb upload line

Trial
31-01-14, 20:24
Hi,
transcoding for cell phone I would say around 500K, tablet 1-2MBit. SD without transcoding depends it should start to work with 4MBit but on premium channel it can go up to 9MBit.

ciao