PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] massive RAM consumption

Lothar2
22-01-14, 19:23
Hello,

since Build 7xx increasing my RAM consumption at each update. Currently I have build 808 without HbbTV with MetrixSkin. Without a swap file, the box will reboot after about 20-40min and it is not generated a crash log. Once I start a recording increases the Ram consumption even faster and after 5 minutes the box will reboot. Again, no crash log generated.
A test with the skin VixNightHD and VixMagicHD did not improve.
With a 96MB swapfile the box will not reboot anymore, but the spinner runs any time for 1-2 minutes. Now i have test with 256MB swapfile and the box now runs without any problems.
Is it a bug? Is it normal? Or should I clean reinstall?
Until about build 6xx I could operate the VuDuo still without swapfile. Only with HbbTV was a swapfile necessary.

32105 only show TV

32106 4 records active

Attached any DebugLog from last days. Maybe it will help narrow down the problem. :confused:

Gruss Lothar

Trial
22-01-14, 20:55
Hi,
in 3 of your 4 logs there was a network problem. Is your network stable? Did you stream? Was mediainfo downloading something? Try to remove mediainfo.

"connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost."

ciao

pooface
22-01-14, 20:56
Did you flash after build 759 (or whichever number it was, cannot remember), or did you just do an online update?! From the sounds of it, you only done online updates, but don't want to assume without asking...

Lothar2
22-01-14, 21:40
Hi,
in 3 of your 4 logs there was a network problem. Is your network stable? Did you stream? Was mediainfo downloading something? Try to remove mediainfo.

"connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost."

ciao

Yes i have seen this failure, but network is ok and I have no idea what the error wants to tell me. I can stream vom Internet or local network, download packages and all other network things. Last download with mediainfo are some weeks ago. I will test tomorrow delete mediainfo.

Did you flash after build 759

I can not say it exactly. But I think the last clean and new installation number was 763 or 768. After this i have do only online updates the last year.

Larry-G
22-01-14, 21:45
I can not say it exactly. But I think the last clean and new installation number was 763 or 768. After this i have do only online updates the last year.

In that case try a full fresh reflash, without settings or plugins backups being restored.

garyblas
22-01-14, 21:48
I thought it was build 790 that needed fresh reflash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lothar2
22-01-14, 22:18
I will do fresh and clean flash in next days. At this time to many records outstanding and with 256MB Swap all ok the last days. report will following.

Lothar2
23-01-14, 16:55
So,

i have done a clean install. With default skin sufficient of Ram just enough yet made ​​to work smoothly. With Metrix skin and/or plugins the excessive memory usage come back.
I think VuDuo is to old for new multimedia. :rolleyes:

Now i restore my old image and use big Swapfile.

Edit:

After restore the memory now Ok and my free flash also better :confused::confused::confused:

Trial
23-01-14, 21:06
Hi,
MetrixHD and then perhaps some XPIcons are using quite a bit of flash. Have you flash drive attached to your Duo? If not this might be an idea so that at least the picons are away from flash.

ciao

Lothar2
23-01-14, 21:54
Picons, logs, EPG, swapfile, all i have on HighSpeed USB. I think Backup and Restore have defragmented the internal flash? I have nothing changed, but the massive Ram consumption is gone and i have now more free flash as before. In last hours i have never seen a Spinner. :thumbsup: