PDA

View Full Version : New VIX 1.2 Image on duo+

art
04-11-10, 13:12
Just thought I'd provide some feedback on this image.

It seems stable and performs well when fully setup but I have noted the following:

A normal scan only pulls in half the channels as opposed to the OpenPli which had the channels lined up in a few minutes. Although I found the Pli image just too unstable. A network scan (blindscan) sorted the missing channels but took about 15 minutes on Eurobird1 28.2e. On a multisat scan with network scan enabled you would probably be better to leave this running overnight

Don't hit the box with one of the channel bouquets setting from the download server as this totally wiped all other sats from my sat list. It would appear that those aren't compatible or handled very well by the duo+. I think I hit mine with bmc16 slyuk bouquet and it definately wiped my other sats out of the setup. So it's not a boquet but a motor setting and bouquet list. It also screwed the other tuners settings so I'm sort of guessing that download is for the solo and not the duo

Anyhow I don't won't too appear negative with all the hard work put in by the VIX team and other contributers ...I just wanted to give you guys the heads up to save you some time from making the same mistakes I made.

I've just installed the nfi backup plugin and after I've arranged all my boquets I'm going to back this one up to save me having to setup all over again :)

satsatsat
04-11-10, 13:20
its very stable i think....satellite xml update will sort out the channel issue
this image is getting better and better...ownloads, plugins, speed of operation...really happy

pooface
04-11-10, 14:58
I've just installed the nfi backup plugin and after I've arranged all my boquets I'm going to back this one up to save me having to setup all over again :)

Why bother installing a plugin to backup? Just use the Image Manager to take backups for both usb flashing and nfi flashing ;)

digicell
07-11-10, 10:31
hi
i just tried installing it and i wiped out my existing bouquets and VIX Image V1.1 but it did not let me install CCAM as when i go to plugins and select Green button it doesnt show any plugins for a start.

Also when i go to a channel and select Menu it Freezes and shows the usual GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH which is frustrating....this is also happening alot on other channels

digicell
07-11-10, 10:31
could someone tell me where I need to install the .NFI file please??? on my vu Duo?

canthackit
07-11-10, 11:20
post 1> do a software update and a cold reboot.
post 2> dont know.

regards: canthackit

cervot
07-11-10, 14:16
i like the img very much but i need openvpn so i have had to go to another img for the time being, keep up the good work guys!!:)

digicell
07-11-10, 21:54
Hi

can someone please inform me how I go about installing the .NFI file for the Vix Image i installed the files on the zip folder but i dont know what to do with the .nfi files?

Thanks

silverfox0786
07-11-10, 22:00
if you have the 3 files on usb under folder vuplus/duo then thats it just plug in front usb switch off 5 seconds at back then turn on and your away the nfi is for the alternative flash method using vuutility

How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick
Quick guide how to flash a VU+ Duo receiver with a USB stick. Tools required are just your favourite image and at least a 128mb memory stick formatted FAT32.

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files (3) into that directory.
The 3 files are :
boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.