PDA

View Full Version : How do I get office cards to work in solo2?

delse0567
21-01-14, 21:34
Hi just had my solo2 set up today, put my official card in the card readers it doesn't open the channels, is there something else I need to do??
Regards

garyblas
21-01-14, 22:15
Yes you need cams setting up and abm needs running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delse0567
21-01-14, 22:37
Yes you need cams setting up and abm needs running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for your reply, on hindsight I didn't explain myself very well, this is the first satellite I have had and don't know anything about them to be honest. The vu+ solo2 was recommended and set up by an engineer who came to sort some problems with my freesat.
I just assumed I would put my official card in like I did with my sky box.

Could you please explain what you mean by setting cams up and abm running..
Regards

garyblas
21-01-14, 23:45
there are plenty of tutorials on this forum , but basically you need download Cccam from the Vix support section then FTP (file transfer) into your box.

You will also need to develop a boxkey from your sky card - again do a search on forum on how to do this
(if your Skycard has been paired recently to a SkyHD box you may have an issue)

timofee
22-01-14, 14:56
Cards no longer work in any VU box.

You should put your card back in your Ѕky box and sell your Solo2.

Prioryman
22-01-14, 17:34

WHAT..... rubbish

TK4|2|1
22-01-14, 19:04

I lol'ed so hard a bit of wee wee came out.

Sent by pressing buttons.

DaveNE
22-01-14, 19:37
Must admit my official card doesn't work in my Solo2 but I've no intention is selling it. The receiver was a recent purchase and the card already paired with the Sky box

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

timofee
23-01-14, 14:28
I lol'ed so hard a bit of wee wee came out.

You would be more helpful to the forum and other forum users if you posted something that would be of use to the original poster and help him solve the problem he has described.

TK4|2|1
23-01-14, 14:29
You would be more helpful to the forum and other forum users if you posted something that would be of use to the original poster and help him solve the problem he has described.

What like you advising him to sell his box?

timofee
23-01-14, 14:30
WHAT..... rubbish

Can you suggest anything that helps the original poster. He has a Ѕky card and it does not work in the new VU+ box he has spent a lot of money on.

timofee
23-01-14, 14:32
What like you advising him to sell his box?

Unless you can come up with a solution to his problem of using a Ѕky card in a VU+ box there does not seem to be any point in keeping hold of it.

duoduo
23-01-14, 15:35
I haven't been faced with the pairing issue myself, but I'm quite sure that I read on the forum you can still use the card for sd if it has been paired. Use the search box buddy for boxkey and Oscam. Both these options will help you get setup, the guy who suggested sending the box back, if you don't know what your talking about I suggest you refrain from negative comments that do no one any help!!

TK4|2|1
23-01-14, 16:04
Unless you can come up with a solution to his problem of using a Ѕky card in a VU+ box there does not seem to be any point in keeping hold of it.

Some people have had success getting hold of an old Thomson HD box, pairing the card to that then putting it back in their E2 box. I myself have 2 Thomson boxes. And have no issues.
Have a nice day.

DaveNE
23-01-14, 20:14
The SD channels work with boxkey and CCcam for all except the sports and movie channels with the current pairing method. Not tried Oscam tbh but I think I still wouldn't get the sports and movies issue resolved unless someone knows different?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk