PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] Graphical EPG Channel Preview Not Full Screen

satnam100
21-01-14, 21:13

Hi,
When i select Graphical EPG via the EPG button on the remote, i get a channel preview in the top right hand corner of the screen. This preview is of the whole screen. If i choose second channel (up or down then OK button) the new selected channel is shown in the channel preview, but this is not of the whole screen, just the top right corner the selected channel.

Its almost as if the EPG screen has a hole showing the newly selected channel, as opposed to the resized whole sceen image that is shown when you first select the EPG.

Thanks in advance.

New Install of Vix on a Nano-OE v3.0 Build 808

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 09:49
So this seems to be correct behaviour: preview is PiG.
S
You can switch off preview in the context menu. Or you can click 'OK' a second time to actually zap to the channel.

abu baniaz
27-01-14, 10:37
That's not normal Rob.

Preview is only showing part of screen, it is meant to show whole picture. Although a reduced size of it. Same symptom when exiting media player.

Pretty sure it had something to do with removal of auto resolution.

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 11:00
Then I don't understand what you mean.

Anyway: when did you last flash your box?

abu baniaz
27-01-14, 13:49
I installed 808 fresh with no restores.

Perhaps a better way to explain: the TV picture is meant to shrink and fit into the little window.

What is happening is that the TV is not being reduced in size, only a small window of it is being shown.

I'll upload logs later.

Rob van der Does
27-01-14, 14:14
Ah, OK, I think I understand. That will be a driver issue then.

satnam100
29-01-14, 23:03
Ah, OK, I think I understand. That will be a driver issue then.

Thanks for the response, do you know what driver and how I could correct this please?

Larry-G
30-01-14, 02:15
If it is a driver issue, its some thing that only technomate can fix. Ill check my TMs tomorow some time and post back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
30-01-14, 02:26
Same issue on TM-Nano here, it's not HD to SD channels, switching channels in PIG doesn't resize the PIG.
First channel shows fine in PIG (HD or SD), second shows PIG as if it was full screen & only displays part of it.
Presume it's a TM driver issue as all my other boxes display PIG as expected.

Mickeybhoy67
02-02-14, 18:11
Phoenix did you hear back from technomate?

Larry-G
02-02-14, 18:54
Phoenix did you hear back from technomate?

I have not contacted technomate but I believe a bug report was created in our dev room for it ( not had the time to check yet but will tonight. ).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
02-02-14, 20:57
Just in the process of flashing the latest image to my TM-Nano so i tested this with a slightly older image, no issues here as can be seen in the following screenshot, i'll test with the latest image as soon as it's flashed and setup.

Larry-G
03-02-14, 11:23
Still no issues with the latest beta builds on the TM-OE boxes, as can be seen via my screen shots.

abu baniaz
03-02-14, 13:29
I think declaration of driver issue may be premature. Someone reported same issue when exiting media player. Not 100% sure, but it wasn't a TM.

Rob van der Does
03-02-14, 14:00
The driver is the only item that governs the PiG-scaling.

abu baniaz
04-02-14, 01:47
@Pheonix, could you enable preview mode in multi epg (if not done already). Please check if it is PIG scaling correctly when you preview a channel.

Thanks

Larry-G
05-02-14, 00:20
will do, but it's going to be Thursday at the earliest before i will be able to get the time ( working 20 hr shifts this week ).

satnam100
16-02-14, 14:47
Hi,

Were there any further updates around this?

Larry-G
16-02-14, 14:48
I tested with the latest beta builds at the time and had no issues at all with my TM's regarding the preview screens ( p.i.g ).

satnam100
16-02-14, 17:35
I tested with the latest beta builds at the time and had no issues at all with my TM's regarding the preview screens ( p.i.g ).

Thanks, looks like I'll wait for the next stable release then as I'm already on build 808.

avinitski
16-02-14, 19:24
When i reported this i got told is was not an issue >

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34035-Channel-preview-window-does-not-resize

p.s when i downgraded vix image to 679 to fix another issue i had (streaming) the preview window works correctly when switching channels with 679 image build.

d_f
12-03-14, 13:54
Having this same issue on 2 Nano-OE boxes, I lived with it hoping Zeus would sort it out, but when in the channel list the preview window is still not being re-sized :(

andyblac
12-03-14, 19:18
Having this same issue on 2 Nano-OE boxes, I lived with it hoping Zeus would sort it out, but when in the channel list the preview window is still not being re-sized :(

is issue when using AutoRes and drivers., if it bug you, turn off autores.

d_f
14-03-14, 15:44
is issue when using AutoRes and drivers., if it bug you, turn off autores.

Autores is disabled in the settings. The picture is resized on first open of the channel list, but when previewing another channel is when it does not resize.