PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Network problems AND cannot restore correctly.

hyperjase
20-01-14, 18:51
I seem to have more than my fair share of problems with Vix, the latest being really annoying. I set my DHCP on my router last night to keep one IP reservation for the Duo. Today the connection via the LAN died and WILL not reconnect. It works fine via WiFi (but FTP transfer rates are too low for me to leave it on WiFi). I removed the reservation and it now shows another IP but it will NOT connect to the network! I've tried rebooting, disabling and renabling that adapter -- nothing. Pretty sick of problems with this ... inexplicable too.

Now I've chosen to restore ... but AGAIN more problems! Because I chose to reflash using the 808 build already downloaded, I've gone down that route. But now it's stuck on the "Now Flashing" screen! I get this a LOT ... very rarely does a flash actually work correctly first time.

I know it seems like I'm moaning but I'm sick of issues that prevent me from having a good, reliable working box. I spent a lot of money buying this one and it's letting me down miserably.

Any suggestions as to why the hell the network is so buggy?

hyperjase
20-01-14, 19:05
Well it looks like the LAN port is dead ... cannot get it to connect to anything. Physical lights flashing but no connection. Router shows IP assigned to Duo but nothing getting to the box itself, tried a different cable.

Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to return faulty box.

Stanman
20-01-14, 19:10
Have you tried rebooting box, router and any swotches?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

hyperjase
20-01-14, 19:36
Yes, several times and even to the point of resetting my routers settings (which has now resulted in me being on the phone to my ISP as it's screwed up my router!)

Sorry for "stroppiness" of my posts ... just very frustrated!

hyperjase
20-01-14, 19:40
Oddly ... it's all working again - it may have been a combination of both my Virgin Super(crap)hub 2 and the Duo itself ... it took a few seconds but fired back up.

ronand
20-01-14, 19:56
Its pretty certain to be the router at fault here. Why they are called super is beyond me.

The best way to set a manual ip address is to set it on the receiver itself. Turn off dhcp in the network setup and assign an ip address outside thr range that the router assaigns. Eg if your router assigns from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200 then use 192.168.1.201

The fewer features of that router you use the better.

For your flashing issues reformat the usb stick or try another.