PDA

View Full Version : Default settings for ViX 4.x release.

judge
20-01-14, 02:00
Folks, before a next image release is made available, we have a chance to set default values for the 4.x release builds.
As the next build available will be a 4.x build, it will require a fresh flash & you'll probably notice little diference.
The fresh flash is required because of multiple changes to how the image is built.

So, as you'll be fresh flashing to update & stay supported on ViX 4.x images, have you any preferences on defaut values?
What do you usually change on fresh flashing?

Infobars, EPG, RW/FW speed, default inbuilt plugin screens & so on...

Please post your preffered (& changed) defaults & some might become default on the next release.

rossi2000
20-01-14, 02:11
single quick-epg as default please :)

judge
20-01-14, 02:23
single quick-epg as default please :)

Which button press & maybe screen shot of what you want, would be easier to debate...
Single quick-epg is short red button press to me, but maybe you mean another screen?

Working off default ViX-Night-HD skin with this thread.

rossi2000
20-01-14, 02:31
ah sorry,

TITLE = INFOBAR EPG
pressing right is quick-epg (default at the mo is multi-quick epg) its just my preference i like single quick-epg

heres shot of the default multi quick epg as it is now.

heres my preference, single quick epg.

it keeps it in line with the style of the infobar etc

judge
20-01-14, 02:38
I prefer the newer EPG screen, your first screenshot. Can easily be changed by Menu button press on that screen.
Lets see what others prefer...

judge
20-01-14, 02:44
ah sorry,

TITLE = INFOBAR EPG
pressing right is quick-epg (default at the mo is multi-quick epg) its just my preference i like single quick-epg

heres shot of the default multi quick epg as it is now.

heres my preference, single quick epg.

it keeps it in line with the style of the infobar etc

Also, can of worms being opened here with this screen, some boxes that support PIP & lots that don't. OK button can bring different screens.

BubbleBalls
20-01-14, 03:07
1st thing I do is enable 2nd infobar. Then I increase initial fast forward/fast rewind to 4X. Then I change blue button to Tags in movie player (default is Sort). There are many more tweaks I use but these are the main ones. I have no problem changing these with each fresh flash. I do not mind if all defaults remain - hard to please all the people all the time. But credit to you guys for asking for feedback - shows how good the image and the team are.

Tapatālker

Larry-G
20-01-14, 11:44
Second infobar is now active by default in ViX 4.0.xxx builds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

duoduo
20-01-14, 11:54
Only issue I have and still havent been able to sort it out, whenever i press the help button it always takes me to TSmedia. Not sure where this issue lies but if it is image related please can you investigate? When is the latest update scheduled for Judge?

skippie
20-01-14, 12:47
inbuilt media streaming, thinking of TSmedia
Multi quickbutton installed

Tuxcom installed

when I reload an epg manually (XMLTV-Importer) I use Delete Epg data in system tools first because if I don't I get double entries in the epg list for the belgian channels. It restarted the enigma automatically but lately it didn't but it hanged so I had to reboot through the switch at the back.

Can this be fixed to normal again and secondly, can you add this plugin only as built in ?

Is it still not possible to go to the next channel with > or previous channel with < when in single epg? (with single epg I mean the list of programs for 1 channel and you used to go to the next or previous channel with these arrows)

duocams
20-01-14, 13:16
A mount all in one option for lokal and extern mounts which can lokal and extern streaming the server bouquet and play server movies from server box to client box on the transcoding port.
Perfects if the all in one mount can also streamings to android etc.
That reduces you services to many people with mount problems?

Success and thanks!

garyblas
20-01-14, 13:31
Cache flush installed as standard for duo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbleBalls
20-01-14, 13:44
The less pre-installed plug ins the better IMO. I'd prefer to add my own than remove a list of plugins driven by other users requests - it's easier. It keeps the image minimal but powerful. Plugins are easy to install. I've always been annoyed with a new PC as all that unnecessary bloatware needs to be removed.

Tapatālker

craig37
20-01-14, 13:53
Only issue I have and still havent been able to sort it out, whenever i press the help button it always takes me to TSmedia. Not sure where this issue lies but if it is image related please can you investigate? When is the latest update scheduled for Judge?

Hi Lg you can sort the help button issue by opening ts media and go into settings and you will see "(I THINK ITS CALLED DOWNLOAD KEY)" and that will be set to "HELP" you can un assign it by pressing left or right, but it doesn't appear to give you an alternative key . Leave it as un assigned .

craig37
20-01-14, 14:02
[QUOTE=BubbleBalls;264237]The less pre-installed plug ins the better IMO. I'd prefer to add my own than remove a list of plugins driven by other users requests - it's easier. It keeps the image minimal but powerful. Plugins are easy to install. I've always been annoyed with a new PC as all that unnecessary bloatware needs to be removed.

Maybe there could be a Plugin's download section on the forum opposed to them being pre installed ? Just a thought ?

duocams
20-01-14, 14:12
A mount all in one option for lokal and extern mounts which can lokal and extern streaming the server bouquet and play server movies from server box to client box on the transcoding port.
Perfects if the all in one mount can also streamings to android etc.
That reduces you services to many people with mount problems?

Success and thanks!

Or a choice to make an 'external mount' with the sets of present lokal mounts if 'lokal mount' is present.
That means change lokal ip to external ip and a choice for the forwarding ports include transcoding port.

Larry-G
20-01-14, 14:28

Thats TSmedia hijacking the help button, turn off that function via TSmedia it self.

Larry-G
20-01-14, 14:29
Guys please remember this thread is not for adding features it is simply to ask what in the existing features you change from the current default. ie second infobar from disabled to enabled.

s31teg
20-01-14, 14:32
Enable channel numbers by default on infobar

seame
20-01-14, 14:40
Change as little as possible so there won't be countless threads complaining about having to change a simple setting. You can't please everyone and the defaults on the image at the minute are ding dong.

Its nice to be asked :thumbsup:

JanHJ
20-01-14, 14:41
Enable Panic Button set to "no".

duoduo
20-01-14, 14:45
I quite like the panic button option always enabled lol...

Larry-G
20-01-14, 14:54

Not every duo needs cache flush, my two certainly dont, adding cache flush where not needed can and will cause more problems than it could ever solve.

craig37
20-01-14, 14:58
Change as little as possible so there won't be countless threads complaining about having to change a simple setting. You can't please everyone and the defaults on the image at the minute are ding dong.

Its nice to be asked :thumbsup:

I agree...! If its not broken, then leave it alone, although progress is good..!;)

veskop
20-01-14, 15:18
The less pre-installed plug ins the better IMO. I'd prefer to add my own than remove a list of plugins driven by other users requests - it's easier. It keeps the image minimal but powerful. Plugins are easy to install. I've always been annoyed with a new PC as all that unnecessary bloatware needs to be removed.

Tapatālker
Fully agree with you!:thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-01-14, 15:23

Tapatālker

Again we are not talking about adding plugins, this is simply asking which default settings in the image now you would like changed and why.

such as

enable second infobar by default ( already done )

basically any setting in the image that you decide to change when setting up and why, were not adding any thing new.

Rob van der Does
20-01-14, 15:58
inbuilt media streaming
Mediastreaming is embedded

Multi quickbutton installed
Tuxcom installed
That's not going to happen, as only a few people want it.

While only 1% of the DUO's actually need that?

Again, as Pheonix has said several times: the thread is about default values.
Don't highjack it for feature requests.

Clabs
20-01-14, 16:01
The question of how to enter text via remote control seems to come up fairly often so how about enable text support set to "Yes" by default?

friendzi
20-01-14, 16:04
epg basetime to 30 mins??? Default is 15 and i always change to 30

BubbleBalls
20-01-14, 16:10
Not sure why I was quoted as I made no requests for default plug ins. Those requests all came after my post on 2nd infobar, tags in movie player, fast forward etc. The first three people responding to the thread actually answered what was asked.

Again we are not talking about adding plugins, this is simply asking which default settings in the image now you would like changed and why.

such as

enable second infobar by default ( already done )

basically any setting in the image that you decide to change when setting up and why, were not adding any thing new.

Tapatālker

Tapatālker

garyblas
20-01-14, 16:30
Why we going from 3.0 to 4.0 Vix. What's the diff

Larry-G
20-01-14, 16:42
Why we going from 3.0 to 4.0 Vix. What's the diff

As was said in the thread a few days ago. Were have moved away from Pli's build environment and are using a new OE-A 2.0 build environment. made by the OE-Alliance for the OE-Alliance.

Larry-G
20-01-14, 16:57
Not sure why I was quoted as I made no requests for default plug ins. Those requests all came after my post on 2nd infobar, tags in movie player, fast forward etc. The first three people responding to the thread actually answered what was asked.

Tapatālker

I quoted your post as you said the less plugins in the image the better, as I said this is not about adding plugins but already installed features.

BubbleBalls
20-01-14, 17:04
Ta, I misinterpreted so - thought you were complaining about my post😧 Cheers.

Tapatālker

abu baniaz
20-01-14, 17:54
When going from multisat setup to fewer sats on tuner config, you are asked if you want to remove no more configured satellites. Default answer at top is yes to all, can answers be in this order: no, no to all, yes, yes to all.

garyblas
20-01-14, 18:34
will all current skins still work with new version ?

dwarf
20-01-14, 18:51
List bouquets on launch when opening the EPG.

Also I agree with the first user on the thread about changing the current default multiepg view to the old single epg view when pressing left and right on the remote control.

JanHJ
20-01-14, 18:54
Maybe change default font for subtitles. I think nmsbd.ttf is easier to read.

Larry-G
20-01-14, 18:57
will all current skins still work with new version ?

yes.......

Wizard55
20-01-14, 20:16
will dreamplex plugin work with vix 4.0. I know andy is in credits for help with plugin..

judge
21-01-14, 01:59
Folks, as pointed out a few times now, this thread is about default ViX settings - the ones you currently have on a fresh flash of ViX 3.0.808 build.
Nothing to do with external plugins, skin compatibility and so on.
I'll clean up this thread in the next 24 hours to remove any requests that don't fit the above.
Better to have a few real image setting requests than many non default setting requests...

judge
21-01-14, 02:07
The question of how to enter text via remote control seems to come up fairly often so how about enable text support set to "Yes" by default?

Done in 4.x builds, along with second infobar. Any other proper requests of default image settings will also be debated/considered...

StuBFrost
21-01-14, 10:31
The default settings are what the settings are for the currently running Vix 3 version so my ideal would be to somehow merge my settings into the build before I install it although I guess this would prove to be difficult.

abu baniaz
21-01-14, 18:41
Debug logs on. Even if limited to a small size as default. User can disable or increase size.

abu baniaz
21-01-14, 18:42
Add /picon/ as well as the long one in /usr/ for settings backup.

afc_rich
21-01-14, 18:59
A preference I would like changed is the following:

Enter the Graphical EPG - Guide opens
Press OK to zap to channel - channel zaps within EPG
Press Exit - EPG closes and channel reverts back to previous channel

I would love the exit button to just close the graphical EPG and keep the channel selected. The amount of time I've spent picking a channel and it then reverting is unreal lol

Thanks

rossi2000
21-01-14, 19:01
afc i had the same problem but you can change the button assignment to
press ok to zap and exit

seame
21-01-14, 19:06
When in the graphical epg press menu and set channel preview mode to "NO" save and exit.

Wizard55
21-01-14, 21:20
Blue HD V2 skin by Rossi 2000 as the default Skin:cool:

Wizard55
21-01-14, 23:27
Show free tuner status in epg, like channel selection. For example if you are recording 2 programmes and there are no free tuners, and only channel available is the another channel on the same transponder

Larry-G
21-01-14, 23:34
Show free tuner status in epg, like channel selection. For example if you are recording 2 programmes and there are no free tuners, and only channel available is the another channel on the same transponder

yet again we are not talking about adding new features but asking about already installed features and changing their default status from on to off and vice versa. plus you already have such a feature as this where none available channels are grayed out in certain EPG screens.

judge
22-01-14, 01:10
Closing this thread for now, too many off topic, support requests & external plugin settings.
Also asking Andy to ignore the thread as it would wreck anyone's mind as in how to set default ViX settings.