PDA

View Full Version : meoboot removal

kegrka
03-11-10, 21:53
Hi
I have been using meoboot to check other images ,I have DE 1.2.3 in flash, now before i found canhackit's thread on HDD and DE i went to install a new original image via the front usb port, it failed ,as meoboot had took over,flash image remained ok.even tried with rear usb removed same thing. now HDD is installed working ok but rear usb is lost.
have i corrupted my flash and would installing iamge by vu utility restore it, how to uninstall meoboot ? any one come across this before?:eek:

silverfox0786
03-11-10, 21:59
best best is to do a vu utility flash on this it seems that meoboot is dominating the flash

also it could be you mounting of device go to mount manager and mount HDD to hdd and USB to usb

kegrka
03-11-10, 23:17
thanks for the reply .hdd mounted ok will redo flash , via vu utility

silverfox0786
04-11-10, 00:48
glad to hear you got that sorted post back if vu utility does sthe job

kegrka
08-11-10, 22:57
reflashed original image but after, it still wouldn't load a image via usb , so had to flash new image with vu utility, happy to say installed latest vix and it's running fine .just have to use vu utilty to flash images, one thing i didn't do was remove the HDD but meoboot was loaded on a usb stick rear port,
very good image vix team and i managed to get my wireless lan connection working first try

silverfox0786
08-11-10, 23:28
wicked mate glas you got vix sorted not sure y your front usb not working do this check to make sure your internal hdd is mounted to media/hdd and not media/usb as that could clash with flashing process as it does clash if a pen drive is in at the back. oh and yes you need to make sure both rear usb ports are disconnected

MarsArtis
23-12-12, 21:36
best best is to do a vu utility flash on this it seems that meoboot is dominating the flash

also it could be you mounting of device go to mount manager and mount HDD to hdd and USB to usb

can you please better explain what you mean by "do a vu utility flash"?
thx

Rob van der Does
24-12-12, 04:38
can you please better explain what you mean by "do a vu utility flash"?
Meaning: use VU-utils to flash. For that you need an NFI-image and a serial lead.

kegrka
28-12-12, 13:52
hi
funny how stuff reappears , but just for clarity you still need to have a ethernet connection to do this ,as well as the serial lead, not sure if you can still get hold of NFI images any more:)

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 14:06
NFI-images are very old. But you can use one to try to recover a box. Once flashed that way, you can again try to flash the normal way. I've seen several success reports doing this.