PDA

View Full Version : solo2 with sky wireless connector for internet connection

shalin
18-01-14, 19:42
Surely I can’t be the first person to check this out….(I have tried to search the same with no luck.)

I connected sky wireless connector adapter to vu+ solo2 box and yes it works! I get internet connection…

Now I am wondering should I keep this setup or is Ethernet connection is always better?? Also in a week’s time, I am moving away from sky broadband and going to get virgin media new superhub 2.

Will this work with virgin media??

Has anyone else tried the same?
If I can get away with wireless connection to solo2 box then I would like to get virgin superhub installed in a different place else I will get it installed near TV…

duoduo
18-01-14, 20:12
I have the exact same setup you will be going too ie sky wire less connector, Virgin hub and solo2 and it works perfectly well for me when watching movies from tsmedia and downloading to the box

shalin
18-01-14, 21:39
I have the exact same setup you will be going too ie sky wire less connector, Virgin hub and solo2 and it works perfectly well for me when watching movies from tsmedia and downloading to the box

Thanks mate!

shalin
18-01-14, 22:37
I guess once I switch to virgin media BB, I will need to connect wireless connector to sky box and enter password and then connect to solo2??

s1m0nw
18-01-14, 23:20
I would assume that virgiedia engineer would put bb next to tv so you could connect directly from bb to box

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

duoduo
18-01-14, 23:35
I guess once I switch to virgin media BB, I will need to connect wireless connector to sky box and enter password and then connect to solo2??

No mate you push the Virgin hub button in until it flashes purple run like forest gump to the connector and push the front button in and they will connect automatically. Go into the network settings of the solo2 and go through the wizard.

shalin
19-01-14, 00:57
Yes, I can tell engineer to put next to TV but I wanted it installed in another place (center of house) and hence run box wireless...

DaMacFunkin
20-01-14, 14:06
I used to run mine wirelessly and through develo av 500 home plugs but wasn't happy with the amount of freeze I was getting on VM 120mb so I wired cat6 up the recess under all the floor boards into the router and it has been miles better, ps I was getting 483 mbs between the develos but there was too much latency.

shalin
21-01-14, 15:45
I used to run mine wirelessly and through develo av 500 home plugs but wasn't happy with the amount of freeze I was getting on VM 120mb so I wired cat6 up the recess under all the floor boards into the router and it has been miles better, ps I was getting 483 mbs between the develos but there was too much latency.

So you are suggesting not to go wireless route??

duoduo
21-01-14, 16:34
I have no issues ever going wireless

shalin
23-01-14, 10:29
I have no issues ever going wireless

Thanks lgleave, I have not setup wireless with virgin, but the pic does freeze quite often. can this be due to wireless connection?

Also blocking non used services helps??

duoduo
23-01-14, 15:28
What freezes movies or normal TV? If the latter sorry there is no card share discussions permitted on the forum.. I watch content all the time on tsmedia and never get freezes/glitching, how far away is the connector from the router?

shalin
26-01-14, 11:51
Card what??

duoduo
26-01-14, 12:51
Card share..