PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Infobar Feature request - (project unify) Unifobar...

bigflause
16-01-14, 17:54
This is a follow up to this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34803-Blue-HD-V2&p=263501&viewfull=1#post263501

I would love to see the infobar and the quick epg unified into one. I think it would look much smoother than having to navigate between both. It would make it very intuitive to use and the same as the sly setup or most STB's people move from.

plus would cut down on all of the gepginfobar settings you can change. would this be possible?

would like the infobar to browse up and down epg and channels without changing channel like it currently does.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. couldn't find a request section.

Rob van der Does
16-01-14, 18:13
I would hate my infobar to show anything more then it does actually.

bigflause
16-01-14, 18:22
I'm not talking about the look but how it functions. Instead of having the infobar and quick egp you would just have the infobar. then the infobar could function like the quick epg if you know what I mean.

currently if you try press up on the infobar it changes channel. press left\right it opens the quick epg. I would prefer if it moved the epg in the infobar like sky.

Larry-G
16-01-14, 18:36
currently if you try press up on the infobar it changes channel. press left\right it opens the quick epg. I would prefer if it moved the epg in the infobar like sky.

Not here it does not.

With the Infobar open ( first infobar ) if i press up on the D-pad ( buttons surrounding the OK button ) it opens the the Quick EPG, same as from live TV. pressing up while in the second infobar does nothing here.

With the Infobar open ( first and second infobar ) if i press left or right on the D-pad ( buttons surrounding the OK button ) it opens the the Infobar EPG, same as from live TV.

This is with a complete fresh flash which is less than half a hour old.

s31teg
18-01-14, 22:42

just press right/left first then you can move the epg using the arrows? is this not what you want?

pooface
18-01-14, 23:37
If people want a sky box ... please, just carry on using your sky box...

If you want a box which gives more flexibility, then please just put up with the way it works. These e2 boxes are not, and never will be a sky box...

It seems like people want to get away from paying for sky, but still have the functionality of a sky box! That is not what these boxes are about!!!

Rob van der Does
19-01-14, 07:04
LOL, looks like you guys want to disguise your versatile E2-box like a cheap Sky-box :confused:

Larry-G
19-01-14, 07:09
LOL, looks like you guys want to disguise your versatile E2-box like a cheap Sky-box :confused:

Lol, I do remember seeing a post on here where a user actually pulled the guts from a sky box and placed his E2 box inside, now that's a modification i could get behind.

fraggle121
19-01-14, 09:11
that was my crappy dreambox clone I done that to...
I done it when I was bored....
its easy enough to do but not worth the time doing it...

skronk
19-01-14, 09:15
that was my crappy dreambox clone I done that to...
I done it when I was bored....

My clone DM800se has been running now for 26 months without a hiccup....:confused::confused:

fraggle121
19-01-14, 09:19
when u get a proper vu box with vix theres no comparison,,
my dreambox from day 1 had tune failed every few days it had the latest tuner it was good apart from that..
because I had that tune problem I never will go back I prefere vu any day,,but not a clone,,
I still have the dreambox fitted inside the sky box ,I use it as a spare it sits in a cuboard whare it belongs,,,

also I say its crappy cos im comparing it to what I have now,,,

ricindonny
20-01-14, 20:14
Pooface - "If you want a box which gives more flexibility, then please just put up with the way it works" - an oxymoron if I ever did hear one :confused:

Tkr001
20-01-14, 22:25
I think Pooface meant functionality, not flexibility

ricindonny
21-01-14, 21:53
I think Pooface meant functionality, not flexibility

Makes more sense :)