PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Solo2 Ethernet port

joetwizzy
16-01-14, 13:01
Hi, I have here a brand new solo2 and have just flashed the latest VIX. However the ethernet port doesn't appear to work. It doesn't flash. I have tried different cables... what else can I do/try.

Thanks

craig37
16-01-14, 13:21
Are you aware whether it worked prior to the reflash..? Where did you purchase your solo 2 from?

joetwizzy
16-01-14, 13:23
No, the first thing I did was flash VIX. Bought it from Amazon marketplace. I've done the clone checks and appears to be genuine.

craig37
16-01-14, 16:29
They are very, very, difficult to spot. If you don't mind me asking . How much did you pay for it ?

If it is genuine I'd do another flash and recheck, if that fails take the lid off and look in side to be sure every thing is seated properly. If still no joy, reflash with original image, recheck and it still no joy . RETURN it

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13664-Warning-to-anyone-considering-buying-a-VU-Clone!

joetwizzy
16-01-14, 19:40
£264 from Amazon Marketplace fulfilled by Cesarex.

I checked the side by side images Vu+ recommend for checking if it's a clone. It all appears genuine. I won't buy from WOS sponsor again after the bad experience with a faulty box I bought from them.

All these images point to it being genuine.
p://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1[/url]

Stanman
16-01-14, 20:39
@joewizzrty

Do not post live links please code them in future.

For your port issue not an image issue as others would have it, ljkely faulty box, contact the seller.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

dale094
16-01-14, 22:06
my sound silly but have you checked your ethernet lead.

craig37
16-01-14, 23:00
Joe T Wizzy
"I won't buy from WOS sponsor again after the bad experience with a faulty box I bought from them."

Sorry to hear that, I've bought 5 boxes from them for friends and family and have nothing but excellent service from them..

Sicilian
17-01-14, 06:22
£264 from Amazon Marketplace fulfilled by Cesarex.

I checked the side by side images Vu+ recommend for checking if it's a clone. It all appears genuine. I won't buy from WOS sponsor again after the bad experience with a faulty box I bought from them.

All these images point to it being genuine.
p://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1[/url]

Electronics can be faulty from any retailer, you cannot blame a retailer for a faulty unit, they do not manufacture them.

Now your in a situation where you purchased from a guy who trades from Italy. Who's going to cover your return shipping costs? Also these sellers currently selling cheap on Amazon are selling Grey imports meant for the Asian markets, not the UK. Suppose you wont buy form these guys again now :rolleyes:

joetwizzy
17-01-14, 17:00
Electronics can be faulty from any retailer, you cannot blame a retailer for a faulty unit, they do not manufacture them.

Now your in a situation where you purchased from a guy who trades from Italy. Who's going to cover your return shipping costs? Also these sellers currently selling cheap on Amazon are selling Grey imports meant for the Asian markets, not the UK. Suppose you wont buy form these guys again now :rolleyes:

You do get faulty ones from any retailer. WOS wouldn't accept my return. I have bought 2 VU+ Duos, 2 VU+ Solo2s and a XP1000 from them. The XP1000 button on the front snapped off and stuck the power button down. I used tweezers to get it out as the box was un operational with the button pressed in, and I was in france and needed the box. They then wouldn't accept the return as the button had scratches on it. It was about 3 weeks old. Wouldn't even take it back to check. So I won't use them again, appalling customer service. So this place can't be any worse eh.

my sound silly but have you checked your ethernet lead.
Yeah, I've checked a couple, swapped one out of a working box to it, still no lights. I'm just awaiting a reply for a return.

Sorry to hear that, I've bought 5 boxes from them for friends and family and have nothing but excellent service from them..
Yeah I've bought from them before too, it's the after-sales that is appauling.

Larry-G
17-01-14, 17:13
You do get faulty ones from any retailer. WOS wouldn't accept my return. I have bought 2 vu Duos and 2 VU solo2s and a XP1000 from them. They XP1000 button on the front snapped off and stuck the off button down. I used tweezers to get it out as the box was un operational with the button pressed in, I was in france and needed the box. They then wouldn't accept the return as the button had scratches on it. It was about 3 weeks old. Wouldn't even take it back to check. So I won't use them again, appalling customer service. So this place can't be any worse eh.

well thats your opinion, I have had 9 receivers from them Enigma2 and closed source and never a single issue. I would not buy from any one else.

joetwizzy
17-01-14, 17:21
well thats your opinion, I have had 9 receivers from them Enigma2 and closed source and never a single issue. I would not buy from any one else.

Of course it's my opinion. But the story is 100% accurate. I was happy with them until I received a faulty unit. They said "we haven't had any other complaints about the power button", like that mattered. And I don't believe anybody on here would be happy with their after sales on that occasion. I voted with my feet, I won't buy from them nor recommend them.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-01-14, 19:03
Ok for clarity, members can make their minds up from the picture.

Larry-G
17-01-14, 19:13
looks very much like user damage to me and you can clearly see where it has been attacked by a screwdriver or worse.