PDA

View Full Version : Remote access to my Vu +Duo2

hakkers1977
16-01-14, 03:33
Hi guys! Can anyone guide me in how to access my vu+Duo2 from a difirent location, I work in a different city and would love to be able to watch my vu+ from work caus I spend 3nights a week with no TV, u have no problem streaming on my local but when I try to get connected via 3g I get connection error I have a noip account and I use a zyxel eirecom efiber modem, any one can show me a correct guide please and tank u.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

stick50jr
16-01-14, 05:29
You need a static public IP address or dyndns address to allow access to your home network.

Then in your home modem/router you need to forward the ports you'll be accessing externally to the ports on the Duo2 (default ports internally on the Duo2 are 80 for openwebif and API control, 8001 for full bandwidth streaming, 8002 for lower bandwidth transcoded streaming). In my case, I chose to use external port 85 forwarded to Duo2_LAN_IP:80 and external ports 8001,8002 straight through forwarded to Duo2_LAN_IP:8001,8002.

Then you can access the Duo2 remotely at your public_address:external_forwarded_port. You can use a PC with the OpenWebIF to control which in turn uses VLC to display. Over a 3g network you would require to set the transcoded bitrate down to 350Kbps typically (full bandwidth streaming certainly won't work) also reduce the resolution to say 320x240. These settings are supported through the OpenWebIF. When you change these settings, currently you need to do an Enigma restart to get them to be implemented... then you should be good. If you have a better remote network then you'll be able to get higher resolution/higher bitrates. In my case, I have an ADSL connection at home which is 8Mbps down / 384Kbps up. My Duo2 has to use the up rate to remotely serve... so I am quite limited.

There is also an android App called Vu+Player that is currrently being further developed which looks promising.

Good luck

Johev
16-01-14, 14:39
stick50jr already summed it up, I would just add some points as I have been using this feature for quite some time.

1) Don't flash anything newer than VIX.755 (stay below 760), as transcoding is broken for both DUO2 and SOLO2. If you are on a new image, you need to downgrade it.

2) When streaming, don't just close the stream (closing VLC in the middle of the playback). First press STOP and only after that you can close the program. If you fail to do it the receiver keeps streaming, even though you are not receiving it. It will probably not let you stream a different channel and the receiver will need a reboot in order to solve the issue. In the worst case, it can freeze and if you are not at home to physically reboot it by pressing the button on the back of the receiver than you can't watch any new channels.

3) I have been using the VU+ player (Android) for a long time and it is very good. To close a stream just press "back" on your Smartphone / Tablet and wait for the stream to close. It will do it properly.

Good luck and let us know if you were able to get it done.

PS: As I have a better upload speed than stick50jr, I have set my receiver to transcode to 2Mbts and the quality is good enough for my need.

hakkers1977
21-01-14, 02:22
I'm sorry guys I've been away for the last few days, I've been filling with this router all day today but I don't seem to know where gos what, can anybody tell me where to enter my receivers ports this new fiber broadband router is confusing thus an Eirecom F1000 modem from zyxel http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/u4ygajup.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/erujy4av.jpg

sebus
21-01-14, 21:01
All is pretty self explanatory.

WAN IP is external connection, start/end ports is whatever you want/need

Translation start/end port is internal server (your box in this case) port (openwebif uses 8001 by default)

Server IP is you box IP

hakkers1977
21-01-14, 21:29
So for example trigger start port is 80 end is 85
Translation port start is 8000 end is 8005
My box is 192.168.1.xxx
Protocol??? Top, Udp or both?
Sorry for my dumbness.

nutrilook
27-01-14, 11:09
Hi I am new to this,I have installed the vu+ app on my android and have accessed my sat programs from home but I wish to access it also from outside,can you send me a step by step on how I can modify my modem settings please or what I should do exactly? and can I also use if from a pc ? what program please? Many thanks