PDA

View Full Version : Will my Vu Ultimo tuners fit into Duo 2 ?

oregon
16-01-14, 03:16
Hi

I am considering getting the Duo 2 but want to know if I can plug a single DBV S2 tuner from my Ultimo into the Duo 2. Are they the same? Will there be any compatibility issues ?

Many thanks

abu baniaz
16-01-14, 03:35
They are the same.

I believe there is a driver issue on the Duo2 where the loopout on the tuners is not working correctly.

Rob van der Does
16-01-14, 05:14
They are the same.

I believe there is a driver issue on the Duo2 where the loopout on the tuners is not working correctly.
Correct .

Trial
16-01-14, 07:15
Hi,
but the tuner are the same.

ciao

Johev
16-01-14, 14:44
They are the same.

That is strange, as I have 4 tuners (2 dual tuners) in my VU+ DUO2 and I use the internal loop-through in from tuner A to B and from C to D and everything works perfectly with my unicable LNB. I am not sure if this is what you were referring to however if the tuners are the same than there should not be any problem with the loop-through.

Rob van der Does
16-01-14, 15:47
The internal loopthrough function of the dual tuner boards have nothing to do with the physical loop-out of the single tuner.

Alas it is exactly as stated above: the loop-out of the single tuner in the DUO2 doesn't work.
And as the same tuners work flawless in the UNO & Ultimo, this is a hardware and/or a driver issue.

oregon
16-01-14, 16:13
If I buy the Duo 2 with 4 tuners, will there be any driver issues that will cause problems?

Rob van der Does
16-01-14, 17:17
If I buy the Duo 2 with 4 tuners, will there be any driver issues that will cause problems?
Well, hope you'll forgive us that we can't guarantee that VU+ makes no mistakes. Having said that: all software, including drivers, have bugs.
So not sure what you want to hear?

Tkr001
16-01-14, 21:30
I posted about an issue with the drivers in build 808 here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34659-Recording-Length-of-zero) but got no comment. As I said in that thread I am OK on older drivers.

Stanman
16-01-14, 21:44
I posted about an issue with the drivers in build 808 here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34659-Recording-Length-of-zero) but got no comment. As I said in that thread I am OK on older drivers.

Drivers are not fixable by us, need to be reported to VU+

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Tkr001
18-01-14, 08:03
Drivers are not fixable by us, need to be reported to VU+

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Do you guys report the issues to vu?

Rob van der Does
18-01-14, 08:51
Do you guys report the issues to vu?
Yes, of course we do.