PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Bouquet update tv on

zino
15-01-14, 17:22
Hello,
I have set HDMI CEC up for both my vu+ solo2 and TVs. This is fantastic for people who find it operating a remote that controls a tv and box separately and very convenient for others.

When the EPG updates at night, 4am, box stays in standby and updates in standby, it is fine.

When the Bouquets (AutoBouquet E2 lazer) update before that at 3.45am, the box turns the TV on for about a minute and then off. There is no standby switch on the living room tv and I don't always turn the standby switch off on my tv which means the TVs turn on in the middle of the night and if the volume was left high during last use, this can be startling for various people in the house including elder people.

Why does bouquet update need the box to come out of standby yet the epg update is done in standby?

To ask simply, is there a way to modify the plugin or the vix image / setting to make sure the TVs do not turn on during bouquet update, just like the EPG update? Either HDMI-CEC setting mod or AutoBouquet E2 mod or Vix mod?

If there is great, if not, I shall have to find another way.

Cohibastevie
15-01-14, 23:52
Can you not just turn HDMI CEC on the tv only?

zino
19-01-14, 18:37
Can you not just turn HDMI CEC on the tv only?

You mean turn that feature off? I have said it is much needed feature to automatically turn the tv off / on when the box does.

The fact that the box turns on fully to update bouquets is the little niggle.

Andy_Hazza
19-01-14, 19:55
I have HDMI CEC on and my TV doesn't turn on while updating. You must have it setup wrong.

AJT
19-01-14, 21:25
I have HDMI CEC on and my TV doesn't turn on while updating. You must have it setup wrong.

yes you need to set the way you want it to act ie any activity/stream/etc you will see this in HDMI CEC menu.And then experiment till you have a setting that suits you.
look here there maybe a guild.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301-ViX-Team-Images-Guides-Here

zino
20-01-14, 21:58

There is nothing that could be set up wrong, I have set it to turn TV on, and turn TV off, simple.

I believe the plugin maybe responsible, I don't use the built in AutoBouquetMaker, I use AutoBouquet E2, perhaps that plugin turns the box fully on yet AMB doesn't.