PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Timeshift

Spoof
15-01-14, 16:16
Hi.
If you jump forward or fast-forward in timeshift to the current time (ie. no time delay), then timeshift stops (and thus you are unable to rewind or jump back again). Furthermore, to restart timeshift you need to push the stop button before the pause button.

Why is this annoying? I will give an example - you start timeshift to answer the phone. A few minutes later you start watching but then get to some adverts. Now you push the 6 button (jump forward 5 minutes) but the adverts only lasted 3 minutes and the timeshifted amount is only 4 minutes. We are now up to date or live but cannot scroll back to watch the minute that is lost.

Regards,
Spoooooooo

ronand
15-01-14, 16:19
You dont have permanent time shift enabled

Spoof
15-01-14, 16:43
You dont have permanent time shift enabled

Nope, as I don't want the disk whirring all the time, only when recording. Unless I am missing something, I don't see the relevance.

Regards,
Spoooooo

ronand
15-01-14, 16:48
You are only using a temporary time shift - when you forward to live tv the timeshift recording stops as it is intended. You need to enable pts to do what you wish to do. Don't worry about the drive spinning all the time - they are designed to do that.

craig37
15-01-14, 17:05
On a Solo 2 instead of pressing button 6 , you can use, I think its either the fast forward button or the right arrow key where the ok button is manual fast forward so you don't over shoot the end of the timeshift. Repeated press speeds up the fast forward. Sorry at work so can't test which button it is but one of them defo does it ...:thumbsup:

Spoof
15-01-14, 17:08
On a Solo 2 instead of pressing button 6 , you can use, I think its either the fast forward button or the right arrow key where the ok button is manual fast forward so you don't over shoot the end of the timeshift. Repeated press speeds up the fast forward. Sorry at work so can't test which button it is but one of them defo does it ...:thumbsup:

Thanks but that is hardly a fix!

Spoof
15-01-14, 17:09
You are only using a temporary time shift - when you forward to live tv the timeshift recording stops as it is intended. You need to enable pts to do what you wish to do. Don't worry about the drive spinning all the time - they are designed to do that.

OK, I will give it a try, even though I am not totally happy about it. I have never used PTS before and achieved what I wanted on older versions of the image.

Spooooooooo

ronand
15-01-14, 17:10
There is nothing to fix - you want to use permanent time features without actually enabling it. Dont worry about killing your drive - the drive in a sky hd box has to spin all the time too.

Spoof
15-01-14, 17:14
Thanks, I tried it and it seems to work.

Spooo

Larry-G
15-01-14, 17:19
OK, I will give it a try, even though I am not totally happy about it. I have never used PTS before and achieved what I wanted on older versions of the image.

Spooooooooo

As has been pointed out, if you want permanent time shift features you have to enable permanent time shift. It's really that simple.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

craig37
15-01-14, 17:19
Thanks but that is hardly a fix!

Can't please everybody , Only trying to help.."! and my fix also works with PTS enabled

Larry-G
15-01-14, 17:25
Can't please everybody.

Sad but very true !.

Spoof
15-01-14, 17:39
@ Craig - I did say "thanks" :-)

Having had a play with this, PTS does offer a solution. However, I still think that timeshift, having been manually started, should keep going until manually stopped. This is not the case! Perhaps I can suggest this as an image improvement or feature.

Thanks again to all that helped.

Spooooooo