PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Preserve timers when reflash required

skronk
15-01-14, 11:19
Hi all,

Had a couple of lockups which resulted in re-flash. Mrs. has many timers set. I do not upgrade regularly, maybe once a month. Is there a way to preserve her timers if I have a crash again ?

Thanks

Stanman
15-01-14, 11:56
Your cams, autotimers, timers and config files are back up as a matter of course in the image when doing a online back up.

If you want to do it manually FTP and there in ETC/

skronk
15-01-14, 11:57
Your cams, autotimers, timers and config files are back up as a matter of course in the image when doing a online back up.

If you want to do it manually FTP and there in ETC/

Thanks Stanman,

Can I set this to perform automatically ?

Stanman
15-01-14, 12:00
If you do an online update VIX image does it automatically before updating the software.

You can also do it manually via blue button>VIX>Backup manager

ronand
15-01-14, 12:15
I have mine scheduled to do a backup every morning

skronk
15-01-14, 18:15
I have mine scheduled to do a backup every morning

Can you / someone explain how please ?

Stanman
15-01-14, 18:18
Blue button-vix- back up manager- menu button press.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
15-01-14, 18:18
Can you / someone explain how please ?

if memory serves there is a option to automate the backup process in the relevant backup manager(s) section. Blue button> ViX> backup manager / image manager ( you may need to press menu while in the backup / image managers section ).

skronk
15-01-14, 18:49
if memory serves there is a option to automate the backup process in the relevant backup manager(s) section. Blue button> ViX> backup manager / image manager ( you may need to press menu while in the backup / image managers section ).

Not at machine at present (nor for a few days now) but thanks to all for help.

manikm
29-01-14, 00:31
u can also manually copy it when box is just started rebooting and before its fully loaded up. u have to be quick!

Larry-G
29-01-14, 00:50
u can also manually copy it when box is just started rebooting and before its fully loaded up. u have to be quick!

you'r more likely to end up with a corrupted file doing it this way, it's always best to kill enigma via a telnet session to retrieve system files or grab a backup copy from a settings backup if one exists.

BubbleBalls
29-01-14, 00:54
You can fresh flash and still access your timers and auto timers from previous saves. Access the save location and save file, extract the backup and overwrite to
\etc\enigma2\timers.xml and
\etc\enigma2\autotimers.xml

Thanks to judge.

Tapatālker

Larry-G
29-01-14, 00:56
You can fresh flash and still access your timers and auto timers from previous saves. Access the save location and save file, extract the backup and overwrite to
\etc\enigma2\timers.xml and
\etc\enigma2\autotimers.xml

Thanks to judge.

Tapatālker

remember to kill enigma first before transferring the files to the receiver, same as with bouquets there is a chance of corruption occurring with system files if enigma is awake.

BubbleBalls
29-01-14, 01:24
Thank you. I have FTP a lot without killing e2 - maybe why my Duo has performed badly.

Tapatālker

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 05:12
Thank you. I have FTP a lot without killing e2
Never do that. It's the same as crossing a highway on foot with closed eyes.

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 05:12
Thank you. I have FTP a lot without killing e2
Never do that. Changes are the same as when crossing a highway on foot with closed eyes.

And apart from corruption you can also end up with not changed files (as E2 has them already in memory.

And why would you even think about such a way, if a simple 'init 4' makes sure all is going to be fine ?

BubbleBalls
29-01-14, 08:54
And why would you even think about such a way, if a simple 'init 4' makes sure all is going to be fine ?

I'm still learning, my friend. That's why I'm on this forum nearly every day - I pick up something new most days. Cheers.

Tapatālker

Rob van der Does
29-01-14, 09:37
I'm still learning, my friend. .....
Good to hear that; applies to me too :thumbsup: