PDA

View Full Version : Streaming slightly blurry, or am I being Fussy?

bathingaper
15-01-14, 00:32
I can stream fine over the internal network to my devices - nexus, phone, xbmc client. When streaming, I notice a slight blur (if that's the right word) when there is fast movement, often in football, and especially cricket when the camera tracks the ball. Is there an issue here or an I being fussy? Note, its not a transcoded stream and its apparent in both SD & HD

AJT
15-01-14, 10:58
I can stream fine over the internal network to my devices - nexus, phone, xbmc client. When streaming, I notice a slight blur (if that's the right word) when there is fast movement, often in football, and especially cricket when the camera tracks the ball. Is there an issue here or an I being fussy? Note, its not a transcoded stream and its apparent in both SD & HD

I would imagine that that is dowm to your network speed.One thing i have learnt is its best to only stream SD channels

bathingaper
16-01-14, 00:58
I would imagine that that is dowm to your network speed.One thing i have learnt is its best to only stream SD channels

I thought it could be that too but it happens when I stream to a device that is connected to the same gigabit hub 😕

Trial
16-01-14, 07:20
Hi,
the stream is exactly what is coming through your cable. Quality cannot be better or worse then what you see it on your TV. Other devices often have problem with the so called deinterlacing. If you try it on your PC with VLC try playing around with the deinterlacing settings.

ciao

bathingaper
16-01-14, 22:12
Hi,
the stream is exactly what is coming through your cable. Quality cannot be better or worse then what you see it on your TV. Other devices often have problem with the so called deinterlacing. If you try it on your PC with VLC try playing around with the deinterlacing settings.

ciao

Thanks, I'll have a look at that ☺

bathingaper
18-01-14, 18:14
Thanks again @Trial

The interlacing settings fix this, especially on XBMC.