PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] RF Out B&W

Daysleeper
14-01-14, 19:48
Hello

I'm currently sat on the 683 build which appears to be the last build where the RF out (under Scart) is set to RGB color format as default. This causes issues insomuch as my main TV set uses HDMI. Therefore, in my AV settings, I have to have output set to HDMI. All builds later than 683 (under Scart) are set to YPbPr color format. This results in all satellite TV sets outputting in B&W. Is it possible to change this back in future builds?

Many thanks

Rob van der Does
14-01-14, 19:57
Whatever which value is used as default, it will never suite everybody. Hence you can change the settings to suite your needs.

Daysleeper
14-01-14, 20:13
Whatever which value is used as default, it will never suite everybody. Hence you can change the settings to suite your needs.

I hear you Rob....the problem is I can't. If I change it to RGB/Scart it doesn't stick....and if I change it to Scart for the benefit of the satellite TVs, I get no picture at all on my main set. It works perfectly on build 683.

Its ok though, I'll have to stick to Build 683

Rob van der Does
14-01-14, 20:45
Hmmm, so you have your TV connected via HDMI? Please state your HDMI-settings.
And then you go to the scart settings to set it to CVBS? And that changes the output of the HDMI-connected TV?

Edit: please tell me exactly, so I can try to reproduce it.

Daysleeper
14-01-14, 22:21
Main tv: connected via HDMI cable. Technomate twin is set to HDMI output in the settings menu. Both subsidiary TVs are connected via coaxial cable, but the output is B&W. The only way to get the picture to be colour on the subsidiary TVs is to change the output on the technomate to Scart, and the color output to RGB. However, if I do this, I get no picture at all on the main TV which is connected via HDMI. This only started happening after build 683. I hope that makes sense....It's difficult to describe

Rob van der Does
15-01-14, 07:57
I have just gone through the same procedure as you did, and all is fine.
So I have the TV connected to the Twin via HDMI; I go to A/V-settings and set to Scart-RGB (and accept) and the HDMI-connected TV is still fine.
If you flash your box with 3-808 you should be fine as well.

Daysleeper
15-01-14, 10:28
Rob

Thanks for your time and reply. Could I trouble you to go through the same procedure again, then place your receiver into standby for maybe ten/fifteen minutes and power up again? It seems to be a problem with the HDMI handshake after a period of standby time.

Rob van der Does
15-01-14, 11:22
Done, and no problem observed.

Having said that: a successful handshake depends on two parties. And your TV will probably not be the same as mine.

Daysleeper
15-01-14, 20:52
No problems. Thanks for trying. I'll have to stay on 683